Do You Regret Packing Only Black T-Shirts?

morrik5

DIS Veteran
Who else rolls their eyes when their spouse packs only his black t-shirts to visit Disney World? In our case hubby's shelves are full of black Harley shirts from various dealers. Except for packing for him, how do you handle this issue especially when the temperatures and sun are extremely high?

Edit - I am known to wear a black t-shirt as well but only know from experience that when the temperatures are over 110 like they were the last time we were in WDW they say light colours keep you cooler. Meanwhile I'll enjoy seeing him in his black HD t-shirt. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Well, you might not like my answer, but I usually pack some black ones too, because while I don't usually sweat, in Florida I do, and I was NEVER so embarrassed in 2015 as when it was my turn to carry the backpack while DH and our oldest did something,. I had it on for an hour or so, and my youngest and I go in line to meet Baymax so I take off the backpack and my shirt was soaked through. I saw it in a mirror and felt so awkward. I put it right back on, cursed myself for NOT putting on my black shirt that morning, and grabbing the light grey instead, and wore that backpack until dinner, when I had my back to a wall so it could dry without anyone seeing. So black can be practical. And what did I pack for our upcoming trip? Black, Navy, and dark dark grey.

I only wear black t-shirts. We go to DW every summer for a couple of weeks. I've got no regrets. It doesn't bother me at all.

My sister has a disability that, among other things, makes it difficult for her to regulate her body temperature, particularly when it's very cold or very hot. We're Jewish and when she was younger she had the opportunity to go on some free vacations through an Orthodox Jewish charity for Jewish children with disabilities. The Orthodox part is relevant because they tried to make all the girls wear long sleeve shirts during a summer trip to Disney. Black, long-sleeve shirts. When my mom brought her to the airport and saw this she was all, "He** no," and made them cut the sleeves on her shirt. That story still makes me mad. Such disregard for the health of these kids.

When the temperature is 100 degrees I'm going to be miserable regardless of the color of my shirt. Maybe I am just used to the experience since most of my shirts happen to be black, but I don't really notice that big of a difference.

I typically wear a lot of black, as does my husband. When at WDW, I check the weather and save my black shirts for days that are not as sunny. Black does get hot in the sun, but the trade-off is it does hide sweat very well compared to lighter colors.

I always choose white or light colored shirts. My husband made the mistake of wearing a navy blue T-shirt one day on our trip last August. Within 2 hours he was burning up and we bought him a white Disney T at one of the shops. When it's almost 100 degrees and 100% humidity AND the sun is beating down, no way would I recommend a dark colored shirt:scared:

For me it also depends if there is a design in the front (or back, but front is worse!:sad1:) of the shirt (decals with sort of a "plastic" feel) that can be very sticky and uncomfortable. I try to avoid them in general.

Does he wear yellow shorts and red suspenders? Just buy him a Mickey hat.

DH wears almost all black shirts... but for Disney, I got him a Jack Skellington one that says "My other shirt is black too" or something along those lines :D

Same as above for me. I go for dark or performance shirts for Disney or it gets gross.

If you know your husband will be miserable in black (mine is), I'd just pack for him or add a few of his lighter colored shirts to the clothes you pack for yourself. A lot of people have said that they love black shirts in the summer. I think it depends on a number of factors. I have light skin and blond hair and can handle the heat pretty well, so, while I prefer light colors, black (especially with no sleeves) is not off the table for me. My DH has darker skin and black hair. He's like a magnet for heat. No need to make it worse with a black shirt. A few years back, we had annual passes and knew we'd be going to WDW every few weeks in the summer. I went to a big Father's Day sale and bought him about 10 inexpensive, light-colored tee shirts. Maybe buy your husband a few white Harley tees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter