Will YOU switch?

• ASMo no matter what!

• Switch to ASMu, ASSp or POP

• Upgrade!

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

disney09

Mouseketeer
Ok, so there's a lot going on with the Fantasia Pool being closed from September 11th thru December 11th.
I want to know how many of you are going to switch because of the pool, so I decided to create a poll.
My vote goes to "ASMo no matter what!".
What are YOU going to do??

I am conflicted. I think I will try to switch to Pop but I will still feel dissapointed without Buzz and Woody staring at me. Also the food court is supposed to be better at ASMo :sad2:

My vote is I don't know!

I already performed the switcharoo to POP. Not because of the pool per se, but this will be the first trip ever for my mom, her bf, and my younger sister, so I don't want the magic to be diluted even a little!!

voted Switch to ASMu 'cause that's what i already did... we're mid-day break takers and late night (quiet) swimmers... no sense paying preferred to look at an empty pool... we want a pool nearby that we can actually SWIM in!

although i still have "upgrade envy" just cannot decide where to upgrade to (we don't want to repeat any previous resorts, and have stayed at all mods 'cept CSR)... so we'll likely stick w/ASMu!

My vote is to stay at ASMo. I've been posting, reading and thinking on this ALOT the past 24 hours and have decided to dig in and stick it out. We are also, like so many, going in Oct. for our first family trip. And even though I also do not want to see a broken pool and/or traipse to another pool- we will. And I feel pretty good about it after reading some of the more experienced disers talk about how close the other pools are. We will take mid-day breaks almost every day and it surely won't be THAT much of a hassle... I do feel they should refund our preferred $, however. Anyone else have that opinion? After all, now the rooms have almost no 'preference'. I say give us all the standard rate :rolleyes1

We deicided to bail immediately after hearing about the pool. That was the main reason I wanted to stay there. It did take several days and lots of time on the phone to find something else. First a CM would say "No-we don't have any rooms at ASMu", but we have plenty at mods". Then, when i finally talked my DH into upgrading, I called back this morning. The CM told me that they had absolutely no rooms whatsoever in a mod. Then I asked about the values and she said "No-not a single room" :confused3 .This sounded fishy to me, so I asked to speak to guest services. The guy said he would look and came back and said they had plenty rooms at ASMu, CBR, and POR. So, we booked CBR for SEpt. 24th through 30th. :banana: :cheer2: :banana: I think the kids will love the beaches,playgrounds and kiddie pool. I requested a room not too far from the main pool and food court so we don't have to walk a mile. Hopefully, we'll get it and maybe someday get to ASMo.

We stayed @ ASMU in 2001.
Fantasia pool was closed.
Mighty Ducks pool was open.
I didn't see a problem.

Interesting poll....
we were SOOOOO disappointed to learn the pool was gong to be closed during our stay. We love the resort and its pool. It was a MAJOR heartbreak for my kids (turning 4 and 7 soon).

We thought about POP...but the pool seemed kind of lame. A big flower...no fountains to walk under??? We were going to stay w/ ASMo come what may, when I discovered it would cost us $375 to upgrade for our trip. Have to dig into the pockets deeper...but we opted for POFQ. WIth young kids the smaller slide is just perfect for our family and we love the boatride to DTD and being able to use POR facilities too.

Should be a great trip....but then, part of me is still sad we won't be seeing Buzz, Woody, Dalmations and the "tasia pool" as my daughter calls it!! Maybe next time. Of course by then, my kids will probably be pushing for CSR or POR to have a cool pool slide!

I am still undecided. We were really looking forward to ASMo again. Last year we stayed at Pop and it just didn't feel the same.
I may consider upgrading, although we really love ASMo and don't spend much time in the room to justify a moderate. I knew someday I would want to try out one of the moderate, so this may be it.

Just a thought, maybe Disney overbooked ASMo so much that they had to throw in a pool refurb hoping to make guests bail out rather than having to provide free upgrades? :smooth:

I also bailed the minute DH told me what he had found out about ASMo. I am not toting all my kids to another pool! It's our first EVER vacation, we are in desperate need of this vacation! So whatever I can do to make it go smoothly I will do! :thumbsup2 I am Mommy hear me roar! :rotfl:

But I am still trying to figure out how we could upgrade financially. Don't think we'll be able to but that's ok! We'll save the mod for next time we go! Maybe I can convince DH that each year we go back we go up a level in the hotels and just keep going through each level until we hit them all!!! This year Value, the next trip Mod, and the third trip Deluxe and then just start all over again!

DH will think I'm crazy but it would guarantee more trips! :teeth:

Only a few more weeks to go!! :yay:

disneydaveb said:
Just a thought, maybe Disney overbooked ASMo so much that they had to throw in a pool refub hoping to make guests bail out rather than having to provide free upgrades? :smooth:

Now that's a devious thought....

disneybound31 said:
I do feel they should refund our preferred $, however. Anyone else have that opinion? After all, now the rooms have almost no 'preference'. I say give us all the standard rate :rolleyes1

Hear, hear!!

We allready changed to pofq as well. I have no desire to take my tribe of six to the other pool. Plus we had paid for preferred just for this reason. For us it was a big deal. My kids were upset at first, but we had really talk alot about almo so I think the more we talk about fq the more they will be excited. I also like the idea of the boat to downtown Disney. We did stay here once but it was over 6 years ago. A little upset about the extra cost we did not want to spend but not willing to risk it either.

We're at Pop but are thinking about upgrading now that ASMo's pool will be closed, because I know SO many people will switch to Pop. DH and DD love the Values, but me, I like peace and quiet, so about two weeks before we go I'm going to start calling to see if we can't get some sort of deal on a mod instead.

We switched to POP, not sure if that was the right choice. We've never been to either yet. POP looks kind of cute too, and the pools look nice and they have the fountains. The lake looks nice too. You never know I may switch back, but for now we're at POP!

I called last night and switched to Music. We aren't going until November but first time doing preferred room and wanted one by the pool!!

We switched to ASMU a few days ago. We were looking forward to ASMO but my boys love swimming (we don't get to do outdoor swimming very often here with our weather) and I don't fancy the idea of trekking too far to use the pool at ASMU with a 2 year old who will take her sweet time and stop to chat to everyone and inspect everyTHING in her immediate vicinity. :rotfl: We're taking afternoon breaks so the easier the better!

I'm looking forward to ASMU and we still plan on going over to ASMO to see the icons and use the food court.

We switched to Pop last night. First time staying onsite with the kids and really wanted the pools.

It is an easy decision for us, because we really just don't use the pools all that much. Dh does not swim, and I have to try to deal with a little one who won't go in the big pool, so we will probably only go swimming three or four times this trip at most. Our first three days it will still be open anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter