Do you obsessively clean before your trip?

Do you obsessively clean your house?

• It must be clean before I go

• I'll keep it dirty. I'm going on vacation anyways.

• If I have the time I'll clean a little.

Results are only viewable after voting.

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Are you one of those that have to have your house spotless before you leave on your vacation. I am. I can not come home to a filty house after staying in a clean hotel room all week. I also want to relax after my vacation and not have to go right back to cleaning.

What about you?
It must be clean.
Leave it dirty.
If theres time.

Yes...to the extent that I even change all the bedsheets right before we leave, so that we come home to clean sheets. :laundy:

I'm as bad as you with all of that!

Not only do I clean before I leave for vacation, I'll do laundry WHILE I'M STILL ON VACATION, so I don't have to clean OR do laundry when return home!

When I get home from a vacation, that's when my REAL vacation starts! Our vacations exhaust me!!

I am a messy traveller and so when I am in the hotel room I always everything all over the place and it's very messy so my room never seems clean. I'd rather think it's always a few weeks of messy and germs whenever I go. I clothes, food and souveniers everywhere in my room and it's a germ death trap at WDW. To fault of anyone who works there, it's just that kids are messy and disgusting so much so the I'd rather walk around bare foot in New York than MK. But I'm just a germaphobe and although some parents like me teach there kids some cleanliness, other let their kids pee in the corner of restaurants and likc poles, ew.

Not only do I clean before I leave for vacation, I'll do laundry WHILE I'M STILL ON VACATION, so I don't have to clean OR do laundry when return home!

When I get home from a vacation, that's when my REAL vacation starts! Our vacations exhaust me!!

I'm all about the clean laundry too! I don't mind spending an extra few hours doing my laundry before I leave when all I want to do is rest when I get home...

I think walking in the door from traveling to a clean house is the best. It makes you realize that Disney is great, but there's no place like home (is that blasphemy here to say that?).

None of the above. I like to have the house more or less in order, but I'm not fanatical about it.

I really try to avoid doing laundry on vacation. Laundry always comes out of the suitcase a little wrinkled anyhow, so even if I did wash it, I'd probably wash it again 'cause it's easier than ironing.

Yes...to the extent that I even change all the bedsheets right before we leave, so that we come home to clean sheets. :laundy:

I'm as bad as you with all of that!

I too do ALL the laundry right before I leave. I have been known to have my kids campout on the floor the night before we leave just so that their beds and sheets will be nice and clean for when we come back.

I have been known to have my kids campout on the floor the night before we leave just so that their beds and sheets will be nice and clean for when we come back.

:rotfl:

I suggested that once & DH thought I was nuts.

Wait til I show him your post!

I won't say that I obsessively clean, but I do clean before I go. There is just something relaxing about coming home to a clean house...kind of strange I guess but very reassuring.

I try to clean as much as I possibly can before we go away- even if it's just for a weekend. I hate coming back to a messy house! It always seems more stressful, to me, to come back to that- the cleaner it is when we return, the easier I can relax :)

I'll make sure the kitchen is clean and all the possibly expiring stuff is out of the fridge. There is nothing worse than coming home to curdled milk. :scared1: And I will make sure that most of our things are picked up, but no. I don't stress about a super clean house. It will still be there when I get home.

:lmao: Of course, I have a couple plaques up on my walls.
1. Come in, sit down, relax. My house doesn't always look like this, sometimes it's even worse.
2. A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

LOL Can you tell what kind of a housekeeper I am???

I see us messies are in the minority. Don't spend an overabundance of cleaning on a normal basis, before the trip I am busy making tshirts and trip planning, lucky to have an empty bed when we get back!:rolleyes:

Nothing worse then coming home to a messy house.. I have enough to get done after the trip and to add cleaning the house to the 'honey-do' list would probably put me over the edge.. :scared:

Yes, I want my house spotless before we leave. That way I can relax and not have to worry about doing it when I get home. Plus, I'm one of those people who doesn't want anyone over unless the house is clean and will run around hiding my mess if I get any surprise visits. When we are out of town, we have someone coming in and out of our house to take care of our dogs, so I don't want them to walk into a mess either. :rolleyes:

I take the garbage out, wash all the dirty dishes, and run out the door. Granted, I am usually only gone for a weekend, so the dirt doesn't really accumulate.

I also always clean the house from top to bottom before going on vacation. I am always pooped after coming home from Disney, and it is so nice to crash in a nice clean house :goodvibes It stresses me out if I come home to a dirty house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!