• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do you need a park reservation to make dining reservations?

DumboDash2006

Mouseketeer
We will have a group of seven, perhaps eight for some of our reservations. The 8th person will not know if they can go on the trip (work/school restraints) until right around the time we need to make dining reservations, perhaps not for a week or so later. Can we include him in our reservation count or do you have to input his info?

I feel so lost planning a trip in these times!

I would think that you won't need the park reservation to make the dining reservation, but everyone would need the park reservation in order to eat at the restaurant if it's in a park.
We made reservations for a past trip without having made park reservations yet.

No, you don't need a park reservation in order to make a dining reservation for an in-park restaurant.

But, on the day of the actual meal, each guest needs a park reservation to actually enter the park. The dining reservation alone doesn't get you inside.

Thanks. Yes, I knew you can actually dine without a ticket/reservation but I wasn't sure about actually making the reservation. I thought I had heard you had to have a park reservation to make a dining reservation.

I would book for 8 and show up with less (if that's the result) as the safer route to go with ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter