Do you have to be 21 to buy Zebra Domes

Yellosno

DIS Veteran
Im just wondering since they have liquor in them. Ive never had them and have want to try them out but I will only be 19 when I go.

If you are talking about the little cake like desserts at the Animal Kingdom Lodge then no there is no age requirement.

Unlike some candy that has straight liqueur in it, the Zebra Domes seem to be more like a rum cake or a flambe (cherries jubilee or bananas foster) in the sense that the alcohol is cooked out, leaving the flavor, but you are not going to get intoxicated eating them.

There is a note on the box they come in that they contain alcohol and that they contain nuts.

I kind of think of Zebra Domes like tiramisu...both have alcohol in it, but there are no age restrictions on them.

magicbob said:
Unlike some candy that has straight liqueur in it, the Zebra Domes seem to be more like a rum cake or a flambe (cherries jubilee or bananas foster) in the sense that the alcohol is cooked out, leaving the flavor, but you are not going to get intoxicated eating them.

This exactly!

There is a note on the box they come in that they contain alcohol and that they contain nuts.
. . . Zebra Domes seem to be more like a rum cake or a flambe (cherries jubilee or bananas foster) in the sense that the alcohol is cooked out . . .

1) All alcohol is NEVER burned off.
2) During any flambé or cooking.
3) It is reduced, but is residual.

After sampling everything else the buffet at Boma has to offer I never have enough room left to eat enough Zebra Domes to even get a decent buzz.:rotfl2:

After sampling everything else the buffet at Boma has to offer I never have enough room left to eat enough Zebra Domes to even get a decent buzz.:rotfl2:

1) Good to hear.
2) Walking, riding, driving with a Buzz is bad.
3) Unless, of course, you are in Tomorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter