Do you have, or have you, a gun/guns in your home?

Do you have, or have you, a gun/guns in your home?

• Yes, I have a gun/guns

• Yes, I did, but not anymore

• No, I would never want any in my home

• No, but I might one day

• other, add any comments

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm glad you have the gun because according to the other thread, you and I both can't find our phones!

Well clearly you know you can add me to that list, and now we know the real reason that I own a big honkin' .45. :lmao: But I'm a centrist, not a right-wing wacko like you, Cool-Beans: I keep my gun unlocked, but also unloaded.

P.S. The wacko part was a joke. :duck: Well okay, I guess the whole post was pretty much a joke, except that I really do own a honkin' .45 that is unlocked and unloaded.

I'm very glad everyone knew this was a joke! It was meant that way. Gun ownership does not mean having a lack of sense of humor! :)

I promise to stay on my side of the pond with my gun, if the Brits (general) won't try to push their anti-gun propaganda on us. :thumbsup2

We're not anti-gun :)

My stance on the availability of firearms is well known, but what is less known is that I am a professional marksman, rehearsed in military automatic arms and match rifles. I like rifles but I understand the need to regulate them.

But as you implied, it's none of my business trying to persuade you to conform to our legislation, just as it's none of your business trying to persuade me that your system is right.

Rich::

We're not anti-gun :)

My stance on the availability of firearms is well known, but what is less known is that I am a professional marksman, rehearsed in military automatic arms and match rifles. I like rifles but I understand the need to regulate them.

But as you implied, it's none of my business trying to persuade you to conform to our legislation, just as it's none of your business trying to persuade me that your system is right.

While not a professional, I enjoy shooting my .45 competitively. I am also well versed in shooting many types of rifles, shot guns as well as fully automatic and semi-automatic assult rifles.

I simply see no need for the law-abiding citizen to have any legislation foisted upon them. It is illegal for a conviced criminal to have possession of a firearm. It is illegal to use a weapon in the comission of a crime. That should be adequate. Restrictions to legal, law-abiding citizens don't mean much to the criminal element.

I have no problem that the Brits are fine with their system. Hey, it works for them. :thumbsup2 But, given the sheer size of the USA and how sparsely populated some areas are... well, I don't have time to wait for a deputy to drive 40 miles, should the need to defend myself arise. As a former ::cop: and the wife of a ::cop: , we frequently receive threats. Most of which are just drunken fools talking, but you never know.

This is just weird, my last post is #262. In it, I am replying to post #264? How did that happen?

Then when I posted this, the post I am replying to moved to #265.

I KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED!!!! Rich has found a way to be sure he gets the LAST WORD! :rofl

WOAH.. how did the posts all change order? You're not losing your mind, they really did change!

While not a professional, I enjoy shooting my .45 competitively. I am also well versed in shooting many types of rifles, shot guns as well as fully automatic and semi-automatic assult rifles.

I simply see no need for the law-abiding citizen to have any legislation foisted upon them. It is illegal for a conviced criminal to have possession of a firearm. It is illegal to use a weapon in the comission of a crime. That should be adequate. Restrictions to legal, law-abiding citizens don't mean much to the criminal element.

I have no problem that the Brits are fine with their system. Hey, it works for them. :thumbsup2 But, given the sheer size of the USA and how sparsely populated some areas are... well, I don't have time to wait for a deputy to drive 40 miles, should the need to defend myself arise. As a former ::cop: and the wife of a ::cop: , we frequently receive threats. Most of which are just drunken fools talking, but you never know.

Well said

This is just weird, my last post is #262. In it, I am replying to post #264? How did that happen?

Then when I posted this, the post I am replying to moved to #265.

I KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED!!!! Rich has found a way to be sure he gets the LAST WORD! :rofl

Hehe!

That's just odd :badpc:

[EDIT] I meant that the board malfunctioning is odd; I do NOT mean that tonilea is odd :p

I have my department issued 9 mm in the house. I also have my take home police car parked out front. So if I'm home and a person is still dumb enough to break in, they deserve to get shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter