Do you have music that reminds you of Disney World?

MagEpcDisAni Voyager

We'll Have A Good Time Then.
Do you have music that reminds you of Disney World? I'm not just talking about songs and sounds that you hear there, like the MOnorail or Fantasyland songs, or Epcot music.

I'm talking about actual music. For me the first time I went in Feb. 2001 I watched the movie 2gether on MTV and now whenever I hear 2gether songs I am instantly reminded of The Electric Parade in front of Liberty Tree Tavern at night or Tomorrowland or walking into Epcot or just arriving in Florida off the plane on the way to Disney. Or if I hear No Woman, NO cry I think of being underwater at the Polynesian Pool where a radio is playing songs (That is what I heard). Or when I was on the Disney Bus coming back from Animal Kingdom Aerosmith's Jaded was on the radio.

I like that cuz now whenever I hear these songs I am instantly transported back to Disney World. I love it. Anyone else like this?

There is so much music all over WDW. Sometimes it's just in the background (like at the resorts). I have many cds of Disney music that create very vivid mental images of the parks for me. The Twilight Zone theme is now forever WDW music to me:earsboy:

That is very cool! How great is it that music can have that effect? The only thing I can think of is a song I can't think of! Hold on... thinking... thinking...

Latino singer... I think it's Sheena Easton... the song starts with "Ooooooooo la, la, l a, la, la, la". Anywho - when you're in MK, listen to the train whistle, the note it sings sounds like the opening to this song. When I was there in 95 my friends and I wouldn break into song everytime we heard it!

Can anyone help me with the song title?

D4D

I just listen to the CD I bought there "where magic lives". It has a lot of the theme songs for the various rides on it, I mainly bought it for the space mountain song.

Ducky I don't know the song, but Sheena Easton is Scottish. I did think of another Disney music oddity: one of our local tv stations has a weather alert tone that sounds just like the beginning of You Can Fly (think of the happiest things...):earseek:

I think the "Ooooh la la la" song is Gloria Estefan--can' t think of the name--sorry. Mine are also 2 Peter Pan songs-- "I'll Try" from Return to Never Land, and "The Second Star to the Right"-- we made a Disney mix and my kids kept asking to play those 2 songs over again the whole time we drove around to the parks. Can't wait to go back!

any british invasion early songs -

we were driving and listening to the radio & an early british invasion song came up & all we could dream about was sitting in the garden at united kingdom and listening to the band

also love - from the parent trap 2 - because we saw this movie on the cruise and everytime we hear it we think of the cruise

Disney has a CD called Livin' La Vida Mickey which has many of the songs palyed by the Mickey Pool on the Disney Cruise. Whenever I hear that CD, I think of our magical Disney Cruise!

I just returned from WDW in December, and I swear, whenever I listen to my Manheim Steamroller Christmas music I think I'm back at the Boardwalk and Beach Club!

I have several Disney CDS. My favorite is from Epcot. It has the music from the Tapestry of Dreams parade and Illuminations. I also like the 100 Years of Magic Celebration CD. That one has theme music from the rides and shows in the parks. It starts out with "Your Attention Please. The Walt Disney Railroad is now boarding for a scenic ride around the Magic Kingdom" Then it goes on to the music played on Main St in MK. The other one I really like is "The Best Of Disney Volume 1" It has songs and music from Disney movies. I play these all the time on my car CD. It's great music to get me started on my way to work in the morning. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I have the CD called Magic in the Streets that has all the parade music on it. I love listening to it!

Gloria Estefan - that's who I was thinking of! I have no clue why Sheena Easton came to mind. I knew the name started with "E" - but I was off just a tad (OK, by a longshot!).

I can't think of the song either, but it still reminds me of the train whistle.

For those that own Disney CD's - do any of them have MNSSHP music on them?

D4D

Every time I hear a song that they parody in Food Rocks I get fired up for another trip. Too bad Food Rocks has gone the way of the dodo.

Happygramma, where did you get those cds? Esp the 100 years of magic cd?? We're driving down in 25 days (but who's counting?) and I'd love to have some xcds with the parks' music to listen to on the 20 hour drive!

Originally posted by roadtripper
I think the "Ooooh la la la" song is Gloria Estefan--can' t think of the name--sorry.

It's called "Live For Loving You". :teeth:

Music that reminds me of WDW... Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah, of course. DH and I rode Splash Mountain 7 times on our recent trip, and it's still in my head. :crazy:

I got the 100 Years of Magic Celebration CD at DTD last Feb. I can't remember if I bought it at the Disney Store or at the store that sell all sorts of Disney memorabilia and scrap book stuff. I know that it was one of them. It's a great CD.

We have a huge collection of Disney cd's, even 2 that we made in the parks, and the parade music cd's really get me.

There are also some songs that bring me back just because we heard them alot on the radio while we were driving around down there.

But here is the funniest--We watched on tv one of those concerts that they have at Disney, and everytime I hear Sugar Ray, i think of WDW, just from watching that program.

The power of Disney is incredible!!!:smooth:

does anyone know where you can get a copy of the music which accompanies the wishes fireworks show?
Thanks!

Steamroller! Whenever I hear it I am remind of the fountain at EPCOT. I can't listen to it without seeing that fountain.

Also, IT'S A SMALL WORLD! My baby brothers favorite ride. After our third trip about about the 1000000000000000th time I rode it I could sing it in all the different languages. (Life happens when you travel with a toddler!)

I too have been looking for CD's from the parks. I specifically want the Themes that play in the background in the different lands.

I wrote a message to Disney and at the park they have an illuminations cd avail for purchase. I also asked about the Fireworks song and supposedly it is on there.

As for listening on your computer, check out

www.live365.com

Register there get the free player, then do a search for music. Type in Disney.

I listen to the following 2 stations all day long.
Florida Project Radio .... Station only has sounds/songs from Florida resort.

Park Hopper Radio .... Station plays WDW / DLR.

Ill be sitting at my desk and just day dream about our vacation last August and the upcoming one.

Both stations play alot of what all of you are looking for. Just today I heard all of Fantasmic!, Illuminations, Fireworks, Spectromagic. Not to mention all the rides: Pirates of the Carribbean, Splash Mountain, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Bugs Life, Muppets, Killamanjaro Safari, etc...
I could go on an on.

I highly reccommend the stations and Live365.com

Check it out, youll be glad you did!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter