Do you have any horror stories of sitting in trafic on International Drive?

CR Resort Fan 4 Life

DIS Veteran
Last December before Christmas my family & I were trying to leave Mall 2 of the Prime Outlet Mall on International Drive. Well for anyone who has been to this area knows traffic there can be murder, however the traffic my family & I were in was ridiculous. It took us 45 minutes just exit the parking lot to turn onto the street, then of course because the traffic lights stay green for like 5 seconds it took us another 25 minutes to get to Interstate 4 back to WDW. So do any of you have bad International Drive stories you would like to share?

closer to US/IOA - stayed in a hotel once (and ever again) took us 30 minutes to go 2 blocks (there was a wreck)

When we first bought our home we needed loads of stuff so went shopping we were in traffic longer then shopping it was awful.

I guess i'm used to Washington, D.C. area traffic, yeah there is a lot of traffic, but doesnt bother me at all. Could be worse.

The I-Drive traffic can be pretty bad. I use Universal Blvd. as an alternate as much as possible. But to go to the Prime Outlets, you don't have any choice but to get on I-Drive at some point.

It can be bad, not as bad as Atlanta's but "vacation" bad.... I've had worse problems on I-4.

Like Figment I used all the alternates, and there are PLENTY. Get a map of the area and find the cross street to get back on I-Drive.

Well, we were there in November for a conference and went up to City Walk at Universal for their Movie and a Meal (this was the Saturday night before Thanksgiving).

When we got out, we tried I Drive, but gave up and tried to go around using Universal Drive (which is usually great). It took us 3 hours to get from City Walk (Major Ave.) back to the Embassy Suites on Jamaican Court.

When we got back to the hotel, we found out that there's some HUGE football game that takes place that weekend every year and an incredible number of people come in for it. The guy at the desk had just gotten there, and it had taken him 4 hours (and he lived not far from Universal Studios).

I'll NEVER go back that weekend - no matter what!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter