• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Do you have a "home resort" or do you like to mix it up?

We have only stayed at POR and ASMU. We like POR resort better but like ASMU rooms. We are a family of six so not a lot of options unless we are willing to dish out some major cash and/ or willing to split up (risk getting rooms at opposite ends of resorts) we will probably be stuck at ASMU. My dream is to one day stay at the poly. But with our dollar so low and flight prices so high our trips cost over $10,000 as is its probably not going to happen. I'm fine with that as long as we get to be at Disney every now and then.

We mix it up!

Even though I've stayed at some resorts more than once, we never stay at the same one back-to-back. We're staying at an entirely new-to-us resort later this summer (GF!) and during our quick November trip, I'm hoping for BWI, which will be another first-for-us.

SSR is technically my DVC home resort, but I love staying in a different resort each trip .. that makes each vacation unique. It's great recalling about a WDW memory, and say, yes that was our AKV trip, or our Poly trip..

I can't imagine staying in the same resort every trip.

Like the pp, I'll finally add GF(V) this summer, and will have stays at all Deluxe / DVC resorts.

We mix it up, depending on our needs/wants for a trip. After our latest stay at the Poly, I can say I've stayed at every resort I want to.

Our favorites are Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans French Quarter.

We don't go yearly, but I guess our home resort is SOG. Seems like we always end up there! I love the rates. We have a split stay coming up next week with SOG and Beach Club.

We've only been 3 times and so far have stayed at POFQ, POR and WL. My goal is to stay at every resort and to go more often than every other year! :) Next trip we are planning to stay at Pop Century just to try out a value resort.

Growing up, we couldn't afford to stay on site, so the Contemporary was like the holy grail (and the only one I could see on the monorail ride to MK). So... once I became a grownup, that's where I wanted to be. We had always wanted to try the other resorts, but for the last few years had been really lucky to find amazing deals that got the deluxe resorts priced at not that much more than the moderates. Now with 2 kids, convenience is key, so we recently bought at BLT. We are looking forward to trying the Poly and the other DVC resorts we haven't yet tried. ODD's favorite (she is 5) is the GF. Overall, probably ours too, but BLT was the best combination of nostalgia, convenience and price.

We try to go down at least twice a year but sometimes are lucky enough to go four or five times. Because of the frequency we usually stay at a value resort with our favorite being POP!
I've been lucky enough to have stayed at CR 1973 and 1978 and all the other resorts with the exception of GF and FW since then. Looking forward to the refurb because my heart belongs at POP!

Our home resort is AKV, we are dvc owners, but before and after our ownership we have mixed it up. I especially went for the discounts. I, myself, and/or with family, stayed at WL, Poly (and will stay at DVC studio this year), BLT, Grand Floridian (both DVC and regular), AKL, POFQ, CSR, CBR, Old Key West, BC (resort room not DVC), Boardwalk DVC, and AOA. I think that's it, lol. I stayed too at the Swan if that counts.

1 time at ASSports when we were much younger; then we took DD for her first time and stayed at POFQ and thought we found our 'home' resort. Then I surprised DH for his 50th birthday with a trip and stay at the Contemporary Tower TPV and we've been unable to go back to a moderate since. This year we took it up a notch and booked a CL room at the Poly which has been my dream resort since I saw it. I now have a premature feeling that we'll now be unable to stay non-CL on future stays - but we'll see. :rolleyes1

Growing up, we couldn't afford to stay on site, so the Contemporary was like the holy grail (and the only one I could see on the monorail ride to MK). So... once I became a grownup, that's where I wanted to be.

This was the same for DH. When we started dating many years ago his mom told me how he always dreamed of staying there so I jokingly told her if we were still together when he turned 50 (I was only 19 at the time and he was 22, so we couldn't imagine 50 - which is why I probably picked that number - LOL) that I would take him to the Contemporary Tower for his 50th birthday. Well as the years went by, it comically became a yearly conversation until she passed, but I kept my promise and surprised him with a vacation at his dream resort for his 50th. :love:

This was the same for DH. When we started dating many years ago his mom told me how he always dreamed of staying there so I jokingly told her if we were still together when he turned 50 (I was only 19 at the time and he was 22, so we couldn't imagine 50 - which is why I probably picked that number - LOL) that I would take him to the Contemporary Tower for his 50th birthday. Well as the years went by, it comically became a yearly conversation until she passed, but I kept my promise and surprised him with a vacation at his dream resort for his 50th. :love:
That is the sweetest!!

I hope to stay at all resorts at some point. If I considered one resort home, it would be FW Cabins.

FW Cabins - 3 stays
ASSp - 1 stay
ASMu - 1 stay
ASMo - 1 Stay
CSR - 1 Stay
POFQ - 1 Stay
Pop - 1 Stay
AKL - Next Month

We have stayed at a different resort each time we have visited WDW. In the back of my mind, I think I have a mental checklist and I'd like to be able to take enough trips to say we've stayed at each resort one time, although I don't know if we'll ever achieve that goal.

We like experiencing new resorts and trying the different pools and restaurant offerings. On our very first trip back in 2011 we stayed at All Star Music, and we've stayed at a mod (CBR), one other value (AoA), and a variety of deluxes. We've stayed at all the monorail resorts, and loved the proximity to MK and the transportation to Epcot. After our June trip, we have our eyes on the resorts that are walkable to Epcot and HS next, when we can make it work in the budget.

Our upcoming trip in June we will try POFQ for the first time. While I'm a little nervous that we'll miss the deluxes, Disers have reassured me that POFQ is great, and I know we'll have a terrific trip...it's Disney, after all!

I think my fav resort so far has been the GF for the overall experience, with the CR as a close second...you can't beat the walk to the MK!

That is the sweetest!!

DH said the same until the tombstone filled/"over the hill" cake arrived, then I had a custom shirt made for him with the dwarves that said Hi Ho Its over the hill I go that he had to wear at the park that day, then I changed his Disney Avatar to the old man with the cane. Thankfully he has a pretty awesome sense of humor so he just went with it, but I admit I was pretty nervous when my 50th rolled around. :laughing:

DH said the same until the tombstone filled/"over the hill" cake arrived, then I had a custom shirt made for him with the dwarves that said Hi Ho Its over the hill I go that he had to wear at the park that day, then I changed his Disney Avatar to the old man with the cane. Thankfully he has a pretty awesome sense of humor so he just went with it, but I admit I was pretty nervous when my 50th rolled around. :laughing:
You are brave!!! :rotfl2:We are celebrating my DH's 50th this year (see August trip in my signature...) and I am younger than him, so I will have to hold back a little. We already call him Mr. Frederickson (the old man from UP).

For moderates, our first choice is usually POFQ, although we like and have stayed at the other four. The only value we stayed at was ASMusic. I doubt we would stay there again as we just don't like double beds. We have stayed at AKL once, and BWI twice, and will soon stay at BC. We like to try different places, but usually, decide based on availability and pricing.

No home resort per se, but we prefer French Quarter. We've stayed at ASSP, ASMu, ASMo, Pop, POFQ, and CR.

You are brave!!! :rotfl2:We are celebrating my DH's 50th this year (see August trip in my signature...) and I am younger than him, so I will have to hold back a little. We already call him Mr. Frederickson (the old man from UP).

HAHA that's the Disney Avatar I changed his too while on the trip. Have fun with it if he has a good sense of humor. You'll have a few years buffer like I did and in their old age they probably forget in those few years. :lmao: Enjoy the birthday trip!! :cool1:

We are DVC members at Wilderness Lodge for 17 years....and have stayed there one time....we stay almost exclusively at Old Key West. Absolutely love it

VWL DVC as well, stayed at OKW this past Mardi Gras and loved it!!!

Didn't go to pool but loved the resort, hospitality center and size of 1B villa

Also parking right up to room was convenient as well

Only issue was internal bus system was monotonous at times until we realized we could get off first stop and walk

Eager to try other resorts now especially Beach club

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter