Do you fill the prewash bin on your dishwasher? - trying to save money

We bought the extended warranty for our dishwasher. The first time they came out for our free annual maintenance check, the repairman said don't use more than 1 tablespoon of soap per load. He also said when you find a brand that works well don't ever switch brands. Have been doing that for the last eight years. :cutie:

I always used to use mine, but I wouldn't any longer after reading some articles regarding dishwashing detergent. You do not have to use nearly as much as is "recommended". This is particularly true when it comes to laundry soap.

Nope, never. I also use the short wash function only, and no dry...It still takes nearly 45 minutes. :confused3

Be careful with the little prepacked tablets! They don't always dissolve on our dishwasher and then we end up having to run the silly thing again. Nothing like using your energy star appliance 2 times for the same load. :rolleyes: I've never used vinegar because I thought it would make the dishes smell. I'll have to try that next time! Thanks!

Sarah

Be careful with the little prepacked tablets! They don't always dissolve on our dishwasher and then we end up having to run the silly thing again. Nothing like using your energy star appliance 2 times for the same load. h
Run the kitchen faucet until the water is good and hot just before starting the dishwasher. This should make the tablets and also any other detergent dissolve better.

Usually you need to fill two detergent bins, but if your dishes come out clean with just one bin, then that is okay. Sometimes the bin is uncovered or leaks when the door is closed. If you re-open the door to add more dishes and find the bin has emptied out, do not add more detergent. Here the bin is the measuring cup and the detergent having fallen to the bottom of the dishwasher is still good.

Failure to fill the bin all the way may make the difference between greasy plates and pots getting clean or not.
Don't ever switch brands
Just means more trial and error for each brand of detergent to see how much you need because the amount of active ingredients may be different which you can't tell by looking at the white powder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter