Do you ever pay full price for concierge?

We have booked Concierge in the Walt Disney suite in Jan 2014. However, my parents are coming with us and paying for it. Otherwise I would never pay for Concierge. We have toyed with upgrading from an 11C at port before but the price difference basically pays for another cruise. I can't justify it!

Yep, we booked full fare concierge for our March cruise. It is the 1st time we are cruising with the 3 kids (we've cruised several times by ourselves) and I for sure wanted a seperate bedroom from the kids. Also, we have a baby and I wanted the 120 booking window for the nursery/dinner/cabana. Once the baby is old enough for the kids clubs and I don't have to reserve my "leisure" times then it won't be such a big deal for me to have the 120 booking window.

We've done both.... Nothing beats paying $1800 to upgrade from a Navigators to the Roy Disney Suite at port. However, paying full price for concierge during Spring Break is money well spent for us as it is sold out and has been for a long time. Look at the April 19, 2014 cruise, concierge is almost sold out.

AlexandNessa said:
Add us to the full-fare crowd. We only like certain rooms (e.g., hate Deck 11 on Dream/Fantasy). I wouldn't want a "leftover" cabin, but that is just personal preference. Sometimes, good cabins are available at the port, but we would never be so lucky.

What do you hate about deck 11? We are booked there in November but I have never cruised DCL. Thanks so much.

What do you hate about deck 11? We are booked there in November but I have never cruised DCL. Thanks so much.

Personal preference, but I would not sail again if we were stuck on 11. I'm sure some people think it fine, but 1.we did not like being on a different floor from the lounge 2. Elevators (forward) were a madhouse after deck parties. You'd be waiting in the bank, and a crowd would come through from outside, and have no regard that you were already waiting and plow through, hogging the elevator you'd been waiting for. 3. Enclosed verandas on 11. This acts like an incubator, a greenhouse, and a megaphone. If you have families on either side, be prepared to hear EVERY conversation and body function of your neighbors. They don't have to be yelling. Just imagine everything they do and say is put through a megaphone. If you have smokers on both sides (we did), there is just no where for the smoke to go. Imagine youre stuck in a greenhouse with smokers, and youre the only one who doesn't. Also, it gets wicked warm on there. If you are already sailing during a warm time of year, expect your balcony to act as a sweat box.

Deck 12 is on the same floor as the lounge, and not as many people come in from outside on Deck 12 as they do 11. The verandas on 12 are not enclosed.

If there is a chance to move to 12, take it. If the choice isn't there currently, check everyday for an opening. And then make the change quickly.

Personal preference, but I would not sail again if we were stuck on 11. I'm sure some people think it fine, but 1.we did not like being on a different floor from the lounge 2. Elevators (forward) were a madhouse after deck parties. You'd be waiting in the bank, and a crowd would come through from outside, and have no regard that you were already waiting and plow through, hogging the elevator you'd been waiting for. 3. Enclosed verandas on 11. This acts like an incubator, a greenhouse, and a megaphone. If you have families on either side, be prepared to hear EVERY conversation and body function of your neighbors. They don't have to be yelling. Just imagine everything they do and say is put through a megaphone. If you have smokers on both sides (we did), there is just no where for the smoke to go. Imagine youre stuck in a greenhouse with smokers, and youre the only one who doesn't. Also, it gets wicked warm on there. If you are already sailing during a warm time of year, expect your balcony to act as a sweat box.

Deck 12 is on the same floor as the lounge, and not as many people come in from outside on Deck 12 as they do 11. The verandas on 12 are not enclosed.

If there is a chance to move to 12, take it. If the choice isn't there currently, check everyday for an opening. And then make the change quickly.

Not inaccurate. :thumbsup2 I would rather be on deck 11 than 10, but if deck 12 is open, that is a no brainer.

My wife will only book certain rooms as well. Her preference is for the midships on the Magic/Wonder. If she can't get a midship ahead of time, we're not booking.

I always wondered if they wouldn't do a Tiered Suite Category. Like Category T1 (V1) for Deck 12 on D/F and cheaper Category T2 (V2) for Deck 11. Or Category T1 for midships on M/W and Category T2 for non-midships. Would make sense.

:flower3:

Great information! :thumbsup2 Thank you! :flower3:

:flower3:

Great information! :thumbsup2 Thank you! :flower3:

You are quite welcome. My philosophy that if you are going to pay full price for a suite, you at least want a great room/location. If I were getting a cheap port upgrade, I wouldn't be as fussy. But as I've said, it's just my personal preference. :)

Thank so much! Appreciate that info! We are sailing in November (week before thanksgiving), We have never done DCL. When we booked 12 was not available, still not available. Guess I will keep checking back.. :coffee:

I have stalked the concierge threads but I now I am more confused than ever! I hope you don't mind but I have a few of questions...

1. Was there any kind of breeze that comes in on 11 veranda?

2. How is the natural lighting..( a friend said 11 seem to get more light, but due to the upper deck over hang on 12 it was not as sunny and she would have liked.) Any thoughts?

3. I know 11 decks are just about 3 feet deeper than 12? Do they take this extra 3 feet out of the room space or is the room the same size?

4. Did the Concierge staff take as much interest as if you were on deck 12?

5. It seems most people do not utilize the sundeck much, have you noticed that?

6. We are booked in a V, Are there Concierge perks that we would not get as opposed to booking a T?

7. Concierge that we have done on other lines are not confined like DCL, I am worried my DD (10) princess: will feel uncomfortable :sad: with being surrounded by adult only areas? Does there seem to be other kids in concierge lounge & sun deck? I know we will need to go down to deck 10 and go across to lobby to the elevators and go up to stay out of the quiet cove. She is a very well behaved child ( I am so blessed) :flower3:

8. DD is also a competitive swimmer. Is there anywhere on board she can swim laps? Her routine is generally 5:30 - 7:30 a.m. daily. If she can't swim laps is there a possibility they would allow her to use the treadmill in the workout area?

Okay so more than a few questions. :goodvibes Any information would be extremely appreciated! Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

I'm going to try to answer your Qs within your quote:

Thank so much! Appreciate that info! We are sailing in November (week before thanksgiving), We have never done DCL. When we booked 12 was not available, still not available. Guess I will keep checking back.. :coffee:

I have stalked the concierge threads but I now I am more confused than ever! I hope you don't mind but I have a few of questions...

1. Was there any kind of breeze that comes in on 11 veranda?

Yes, if you stuck your head out of the opening, lol.

2. How is the natural lighting..( a friend said 11 seem to get more light, but due to the upper deck over hang on 12 it was not as sunny and she would have liked.) Any thoughts?

Lighting is fine. Like a greenhouse has good lighting. :)

3. I know 11 decks are just about 3 feet deeper than 12? Do they take this extra 3 feet out of the room space or is the room the same size?

Nah, I think the rooms themselves are pretty much the same size. If there is a difference, it's negligible.

4. Did the Concierge staff take as much interest as if you were on deck 12?

Oh, yes. Concierge staff is great, and they don't distinguish between Deck 11 guests and Deck 12. :thumbsup2

5. It seems most people do not utilize the sundeck much, have you noticed that?

We did not use it. :guilty:

6. We are booked in a V, Are there Concierge perks that we would not get as opposed to booking a T?

Only one I am aware of is that you cannot order from the MDR to your room.

7. Concierge that we have done on other lines are not confined like DCL, I am worried my DD (10) princess: will feel uncomfortable :sad: with being surrounded by adult only areas? Does there seem to be other kids in concierge lounge & sun deck? I know we will need to go down to deck 10 and go across to lobby to the elevators and go up to stay out of the quiet cove. She is a very well behaved child ( I am so blessed) :flower3:

Not sure what you mean, but there are no adults-only areas in Concierge. It's all family in the lounge and concierge receptions. Adults only is the minority. There will be plenty of kids!

8. DD is also a competitive swimmer. Is there anywhere on board she can swim laps? Her routine is generally 5:30 - 7:30 a.m. daily. If she can't swim laps is there a possibility they would allow her to use the treadmill in the workout area?

As far as I know, there is no place really to do lap swimming, and I do not think they make exceptions for those under 18 to use the fitness center, sorry. Best to ask the concierge when you get onboard as to her best options.

Okay so more than a few questions. :goodvibes Any information would be extremely appreciated! Thanks in advance. :thumbsup2

And yes, keep checking for Deck 12. Sometimes a room will open up. Check many times a day around the time your full payment is due. Concierge can't cancel, as you know, so those guests move dates when final payment is due. Good luck!

I'm sure this is the plan with upgrades....and once you've done concierge, you don't want to go back.

Not for everyone. We USED TO pay the exorbitant cost of concierge when we cruised with our kids, and we booked suites so that we'd all be in the same room. We didn't like the idea of our little kids, tweens and then teens being in a separate room, even if they were connecting.

Now that they're grown, I don't NEED to shell out that much money for a suite any more.
If Disney had a Garden Villa area like Norwegian does, that might be a horse of a different color, but they don't. All they have on the new ships is a hot sundeck with no pool. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter