Do you choose a resort based on restaurant?

atcNick

Mouseketeer
So I've been reading the forums and I get the impression that some people chose lodging based on the restuarant at the resort or nearby. Does that sound about right? I figured that if you're out and about most of the day at the parks than you would eat at the parks? No? Maybe I dont understand the layout of Disney. Anyone care to shed light on this for me. Thanks a lot!

We choose our resort by theme/decor rather than dining. We usually eat at least one TS meal at our resort, but we don't choose where we stay based on the restaurants at the resort or what is nearby.

We usually stay at the Epcot resorts. While we love the themeing we love the access to the restaurants at all of the resorts, the choices on the Boardwalk and especially easy access to the WS. We usually eat dinner at TS while we're on break or in between parks. Also later at night during times the parks close early.

No, we base resort choice on theming, and amenities. We don't eat dinner all the time at our resort. We go to different Deluxe resorts for table service also. We may have 1 or 2 dinners at our resort depending on which one we stay at, but usually eat dinners near the park we plan on being at. Lunches are usually CS (counter service) in a park.
If we stay at a moderate, we don't usually go to that table service restaurant, but will use the food court. IMO the table service at the deluxe resorts are better.

I don't choose my resort based solely on the restaurant, but it does factor in for me. We likely will eat breakfast at the resort at least a couple of times during the trip, and possibly a lunch or dinner, so the menu has to have a few things we would eat for each meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter