Do you carry your phone at home?

No landline so phone always with me
Did you always carry your landline phone around? Ours lived on the chargers.
My phone is usually nearby. I am currently working on losing weight. I have an Apple Watch which is great for tracking my steps and my exercise.
And you can get/make texts and calls on the AW. So handy.
It’s always within arms reach, except when I’m in the bathroom. I REFUSE to take my phone there and won’t talk to anyone who’s texting me while in the bathroom.

I have two people who need me available 24/7 so, for now, I am. It’s a different story when I’m at work.

I also carry it for safety. If I’m home alone, and I fall down the stairs or something, I need a phone to call for help.

We don’t have a landline either.
I draw the line at the bathroom too. Nothing is THAT important.

Did you know that the Apple Watch 4 has fall detection and will dial 911 for you if you can’t? I’ve been seriously contemplating seeing if my sibs want to go in on one for my stepmother since she lives alone now.

Phone usually gets placed on kitchen counter when I get home and stays there until the next morning. Sometimes I bring it upstairs if I'll be up there for a while.

I'm a little surprised people carry it around at home. That really never even occurred to me. I take it out with my keys and wallet when I get home. It's sort of a problem because I usually keep the ringer off and rarely remember to turn it back on when I take it off--and we don't have a landline. Oops.

I don’t carry mine but will be within earshot if someone needs me. When both kids are away at college or when they are home on break I like to have it close by. If we’re all in the house I don’t care where my phone is. I have a landline if someone really needs me.

I try to carry it. I have bad balance due to a previous injury and medication that makes me dizzy. We live in a 3 floor home. It seems like the safest option but I’m not perfect with it either.

Like a previous poster, if my husband is at home I don’t bother with it nearly so much.

When I'm home, it usually stays on the kitchen peninsula, unless I'm in the shower, then it gets carried back to our bedroom with my Bose speaker (Bluetooth doesn't work if phone is left in the kitchen). I don't carry it around with me when I'm home.

I also carry it for safety. If I’m home alone, and I fall down the stairs or something, I need a phone to call for help.

I do the same.

I also carry it because I listen to books and my headphones won't pickup the laptop through the house but it works great with the phone.

It is usually on the counter in the kitchen. If DH is at work, I turn the ringer up so I can hear it. I do keep it with me if I know DS is driving in case he has car problems. I use my laptop for internet, I don't like to use it on my phone.

Did you know that the Apple Watch 4 has fall detection and will dial 911 for you if you can’t? I’ve been seriously contemplating seeing if my sibs want to go in on one for my stepmother since she lives alone now.

That’s really good info about the apple wqtxh 4, unfortunately it’d be going off way too often for me. It’s worth me looking into though. I just live constantly bruised up. We once were interviewed by the police (not called on us, we witnessed an assault) and they were concerned about me...lol. My dh may be the gentlest man I’ve ever encountered.

I didn’t know that but I have no desire to have an Apple Watch. It’s good info to have though, so thanks :)

Wish I had known about that feature before switching to android

It's usually within reach. Especially when I'm on call...I'm so paranoid about missing or sleeping through a call!
Same here - I’m on-call so it’s never far from me - even when I take a shower - I have it nearby and check last thing going in and first thing coming out. I also have a daughter who only texts and elderly parents that I need to available 24/7 just in case someone needs me. Even charging - it never leaves my side. It’s kind of sad but it is what it is...

I don't have a land line so it is my only phone. If I am in the front of the house, so is my phone. If I am in the back/my room so is the phone.

It is not on the charger though. Just sitting on the table next to the couch/bed. I charge it every other day or if it is under 50% because of travel, extra use.

My phone is usually in my pocketbook or in the kitchen, near the charger. Exception is if I’m expecting a call or if I’m running on the treadmill/working out. I use a Fitbit to track steps, but like to watch the values (steps/miles/Active minutes) go up while I workout. I use my iPad and office computer at home and only use my phone when I’m away from home.

My phone is often muted also, because I teach and so, volume is off while at work and I often forget to put it up. I miss quite a few calls and texts, but don’t sweat it. I get back to people on my time. We have a landline and the people who really need to contact us have that number.

Ours lived on the chargers too. But we had several extensions, both upstairs and down. so the ring could be heard throughout the house. That's harder to accomplish with a single phone.

That’s really good info about the apple wqtxh 4, unfortunately it’d be going off way too often for me. It’s worth me looking into though. I just live constantly bruised up. We once were interviewed by the police (not called on us, we witnessed an assault) and they were concerned about me...lol. My dh may be the gentlest man I’ve ever encountered.
It’ll ask you if you need help first. It will only auto dial if you don’t respond within a certain time frame. Years ago I fell into a pile of flagstone (don’t ask, lol) and was black and blue from head to toe. I looked like someone beaten the crap out of me. Several people gave DH the side eye, lol.

For those that carry the iPhone, if you didn’t know you can set it to dial your emergency contacts when you use Emergency SOS. I have my DH, DD and sister in there. You can also have your emergency info show on the lock screen if you are unconscious.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207021https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209053

Ours lived on the chargers too. But we had several extensions, both upstairs and down. so the ring could be heard throughout the house. That's harder to accomplish with a single phone.
True, I forgot about that. It’s been quite some time since I had a landline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter