Do you buy MYW No Expiration tickets?

Ella's Mom

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out if we should buy 10 day No Expiration tickets. Are they worth the cost? We only go once each year so an annual pass is out of the question. I don't know if we should buy the no expiration tickets or just buy tickets each time we visit. What does everyone else do?

We are going to WDW in a couple of weeks and we also had this same debate. Like you, we only go once, maybe twice a year and then we do not spend every day in a park. We decided to go with the non-expiring tickets since the cost of tickets will likley only continue to rise. We purchased non-expiring tickets before there was an extra charge for them in 1991. We used the final one in 2006!

I'm trying to figure out if we should buy 10 day No Expiration tickets. Are they worth the cost? We only go once each year so an annual pass is out of the question. I don't know if we should buy the no expiration tickets or just buy tickets each time we visit. What does everyone else do?
i'm trying to figure that out myself. We just became members and doing our first trip as such in 47 days.Thinking that at the most we'll come down 6-7 days a year.Also wondering about DDP Vs. whatever discounts we get as members. Any thoughts on that matter,Anyone?

Absolutely. We usually buy just these.....the 10 day PH. We usually go for 5 or 6 days at a time as a family, but not necessarily in the same 12 month period. By getting the 10 day PH, we get two vacations out of one pass. It's worth it to us.

Hard hard choice. My theory is that even though the APs are a lot cheaper, if we go for the passes with the water parks that will give us 10 water parks to use for many years to come (since we only go once or twice a trip), which saves down the road. Since we're not park commando's anymore it's nice to have a few days saved here and there on the non-exp tickets and have the occasional trip not having to purchase a ticket at all! I still have a day or two and 4-5 water parks from 7-8yr old passes. I'm saving those for a rainy day. :)

i'm trying to figure that out myself. We just became members and doing our first trip as such in 47 days.Thinking that at the most we'll come down 6-7 days a year.Also wondering about DDP Vs. whatever discounts we get as members. Any thoughts on that matter,Anyone?

Yes, we have used the DDP and the deluxe DDP in the past, before they changed it and now it excludes gratuity. I was going to use the DDP and pay gratuity out of pocket this trip (we leave this Sunday!:cool1: ), but just called MS yesterday and took the DDP off the reservation.

I have been on the fence over it for months, and after reading a post on these boards that pointed out it locks us into dessert at the time of the meal, that was the clencher for us. First of all, we don't always want dessert, so right there we are wasting food (and money), secondly, sometimes when we do want dessert it's not 5 minutes after we have dinner. We like to take a walk or go into the parks and maybe grab some coffee and dessert there. So I took it off.

I also feel we will actually save money. There are 5 of us. My kids are 19, 19 and a 20 year old BF. They sleep late and stay out late at night. So they won't be looking for breakfast, more like a quick grab and go (which I plan to have in the room), then dinner, than a late night stop in ESPN or Beaches and Cream. While these meals can be used at TS (maybe CS at Beaches and Cream?),they don't make the best use of the DDP credits, outside of our adr's dinners. I don't think we will spend $1000 in 6 days, but we'll see.

We run this debate every visit. We've gone the AP route twice ... in 2005 we made good use of the passes; our current passes, received as an incentive for DVC add-on, expire next week and were barely used.

For our upcoming trip of 10 nights -- we'll use the last two days of the AP but will likely go the rest of the visit without any park entrances. I doubt we'll even bother collecting my free b'day pass as it falls on a very busy conference day.

Currently, we feel our best value comes from MYW Hoppers with no extras. Our visits aren't frequent enough (1 trip/year) to justify the APs and I'm not digging the extra cost for no-expire. We tend to buy passes for fewer days than our overall trip (max 5 day pass for a 7 night visit) and we'll use all days on the pass.

It really depends on your vacation planning. We have thought about this as well. We will have to buy something for our next trip. We had AP's and worked it to our advantage that year. We bought them in late june 07 for a 5 five night trip then went for a 3 night trip in feb 08 and an early june 5 nighter 08 trip. It worked out very well for that period of time.

This summer we are going to Vero and I'm sending my son on a honeymoon trip to Hilton Head so we won't be making a WDW trip.:scared1: :scared1:

There are positives to both. The AP is the definitely the way to go for frequent travelers (obviously). You really don't mind going to a park for just a couple of hours with the AP, where with the MYW tickets you use a days admission for that. If we have the AP we will go to a park on arrival day, we drive and usually arrive between 3-4 pm, we probably would do that without an AP. I like the freedom of doing what i want when i want. The other positive is price with the DVC discount on the AP.

We have looked at the 10 day premium non exp with water parks etc. They are expensive but they include 10 admissions to waterparks and/or Disneyquest and now a round of golf at the 9 hole walking course. We usually do Sun-Thurs trips. If we don't go to a park on arrival day we just have four days that we would do park touring. We could choose to do a waterpark only one day and park touring another and make the passes last for several trips.

It really depends on your vacation planning. We have thought about this as well. We will have to buy something for our next trip.

We had AP's and worked it to our advantage that year. We bought them in late june 07 for a 5 five night trip then went for a 3 night trip in feb 08 and an early june 5 nighter 08 trip. It worked out very well for that period of time. We got 13 days of use. We didn't renew though because our travel plans weren't firmed up for the next year.

There are positives to both. The AP is the definitely the way to go for frequent travelers (obviously). You really don't mind going to a park for just a couple of hours with the AP, where with the MYW tickets you use a days admission for that. If we have the AP we will go to a park on arrival day, we drive and usually arrive between 3-4 pm, we probably would do that without an AP. I like the freedom of doing what i want when i want. The other positive is price with the DVC discount on the AP.

We have looked at the 10 day premium non exp with water parks etc. They are expensive but they include 10 admissions to waterparks and/or Disneyquest and now a round of golf at the 9 hole walking course. We usually do Sun-Thurs trips. If we don't go to a park on arrival day we just have four days that we would do park touring. We could choose to do a waterpark only one day and park touring the other 3 and make the passes last for several trips.

This summer we are going to Vero and I'm sending my son on a honeymoon trip to Hilton Head so we won't be making a WDW trip.:scared1: :scared1:

We bought the 10-day no expiration, Park Hopper and Water Park. If you have the money upfront and can keep them in a safe place between trips, they work out the best value. We have 2 little ones and this way we can be flexible and not feel like we have to go to a park just to get our money's worth. We usually take a day or two just to hang at the pool or DTD.

We bought the 10-day no expiration, Park Hopper and Water Park. If you have the money upfront and can keep them in a safe place between trips, they work out the best value. We have 2 little ones and this way we can be flexible and not feel like we have to go to a park just to get our money's worth. We usually take a day or two just to hang at the pool or DTD.

That's what we do as well. It almost works out to every 2 1/2 - 3 years I buy new passes, but still have the waterpark options left from the first set!!!

I have a question about the water parks and more option on the passes. Can you "hop" between a water park & disneyquest in one day or would that be considered two seperate visits off the passes? Hope that makes sense :)

I think the right way to compare the options is "price per park day".

The last time I looked, it was cheaper to buy expiring tickets for trips with six days of park visits or more, and non-expiring one for four days or less. Five days was right near the break-even point, and then it depended on whether or not you hop, visit water parks, etc. I haven't checked against the new prices as of this past August, though. Things may have changed.

we also do the 10day no expire hopper

for us..because we love SSR pool and spa so much..we get like 3-4 trips out of it

worth it

As PhotoBob says it really depends on how you plan to use tickets.

If you buy NE tickets you will tend to go commando in the parks on the day you choose to go to the park, get your monies worth. With AP you could go everyday for a few hours at a time.

If you don't mind commando for your park days your 10 day NE tickets could last a few years and make future visits less costly.

FWIW, this is what my family did. We will have few leftover Water Parks after the theme park tickets expire and the next set won't need Water Parks and More option.

I have a question about the water parks and more option on the passes. Can you "hop" between a water park & disneyquest in one day or would that be considered two seperate visits off the passes? Hope that makes sense :)

Hi,

It would be considered 2 uses off of the pass, one for WP and the other for DQ.

Can you add on to the non expiration tickets? We bought 7 day ones a while back and have 2 days left- just want to know if we could add on say 5 more days at that same price? Also could you add water park feature?

Are the NE passes replaceable if lost or stloen?

There is an explanation about lost tickets in "Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies" - Everything about WDW tickets

Hope this helps.

Lost Ticket Procedures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are several different methods of recovering from lost tickets. Some are fairly simple and others are complicated; all are time-consuming. In all of these methods if the original lost ticket is ever found it cannot be used, as it is voided by a replacement being issued.

Very easy is Florida Residents and Annual Passholders. For this you can go to any park ticket booth or Guest Relations Office (GRO) with proper identification. The tickets are registered by name, address and birth date. It is very simple to reissue the lost ticket this way.

Also easy is a lost Key To The World on a currently active reservation. For this you would have to go to your Resort Front Desk and by showing proper identification they can reissue the KTTW with a new number. If, however, your KTTW has No Expire tickets and your reservation ended it has to be handled at GRO.

For safety always record the ticket serial numbers and keep these numbers separate from the tickets. These can be a photocopy of the ticket, a receipt which shows the serial numbers, or just a sheet of paper where the serial numbers are written.

Generally there are three types of tickets. The ones issued at WDW and the Orlando Area discount vendors, the ones from The Disney Store or by mail order (these are on heavy plastic stock) and the third are the KTTW, which are the room keys issued at the Disney Resorts. On a KTTW the ticket number is about a 17 digit long number always starting with “079".

The other two will have an alphanumeric string similar to the following: WXX:999 MM/DD/YY 99999. The first letter will always be a “W”, the next two can be any of several combinations. The numbers after the colon may be anything from 001 up to 999; on some tickets it may say CAS:999. This indicates what terminal at the location issued the ticket. The MM/DD/YY is the numeric month, date, and year when the particular ticket was printed. The last set of numbers, 99999 may be any number from one to five digits, and it identifies the sequential number of the ticket printed on that date from that particular terminal at the specified location. Some tickets may also have a field TR:9999 which works to identify the transaction but is not needed.

If you have the ticket serial number your ticket can be replaced at any park ticket office or GRO. If you purchased your tickets from a discounter, especially by mail order, they may be able to provide you with the serial numbers of the tickets.

Now the fun starts. This is where you do not have the serial number of the ticket. For the following you need to be at a Park or DTD GRO for assistance. If you did not buy them directly from WDW and you do not have the serial numbers we may not be able to assist you. (Note that buying at WDW does include tickets issued from will-call or by use of an exchange certificate or voucher.)

If you have a group of tickets that were all purchased as part of the same or consecutive transactions and you are missing one or more tickets, and you still have one or more tickets from this group available, we can research the tickets and can usually determine the missing tickets.

If your ticket was on a KTTW we can contact your Resort Front Desk and determine the ticket number. If the ticket is valid for that park we can give you a one day ticket to allow access to the park and FastPass machines. We will make en entry in the system to show your ticket as being used. You will have the option of canceling that KTTW and getting it replaced at the Front Desk (if you are sure it is lost) or leaving it active if you think it was only left in your room.

If it was not on a KTTW and we can determine the ticket, we will cancel the old ticket and issue a “continuation” ticket with a different number but the same entitlements, use history, and finger-scan tie in. If the old ticket is found it will be invalid.

If you have the receipt or transaction number we can research the transaction and replace the missing tickets, with the same effects as stated in the previous paragraph.,

If you have the Credit Card which was used for the purchase we can scan the card and it will pull up all ticket transactions which used that card. Once we have the transaction we can examine the tickets and reissue them as necessary.

If you received the tickets from The Disney Store, a discounter, or a Military Recreation Office (other than at Shades of Green); in other words anywhere off the Walt Disney World Resort Property, and you do not have something which gives the ticket numbers we probably will not be able to assist you.

We started buying 10 day, no expiration, park hopper, fun a more about 3 years ago. To let you know, we paid about 350 for the adult tickets. Now I am finding the cost to be 500 or more. It pays to buy the 10 day!!! I usually buy online (but not from Disney) and it seems to be cheaper. Make sure you know if you have to pay tax or shipping before you figure the price. We are going to buy more 10 day passes for this next trip and maybe if money gets better, buy several more. Prices keep going up and we go every year so it will certainly save us money. We did the math and it is better the more days you buy.

I am a little confused about the extra fun and more days. I heard that after you used up the park passes, the fun and more days are gone. Does anyone know if that is true? If this is true we have many days left with only 1 park day left. I guess we will start using the fun and more and save the park day for later.

Nikkistevej, I don't think it is money wise to add days to what you have already even if you can and I am not sure you can. I would use up what I have and buy more tickets. Check out different websites for the tickets. I don't know if I can post the one I use here, so I won't but email me if you want to know it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter