Do you bring your own beach stuff?

Jesslm80

Mouseketeer
7 night eastern, flying down from Philly. We are planning on getting off the ship in St. Thomas and taking cabs to the beach. Do you bring buckets, shovels, snokles Flippers, with you? Or do they rent those items? Specifically, we are looking at magen’s or coki’s beach. Unless you have a better beach recommendation for four adults and four kids (12-7).

Thank you.

we have in the past taken our own beach stuff, bought at dollar store or Target. I also purchased our own tubes & floats from Target that can be blown up at the beach. Used them on all islands and then throw them out leaving CC. We also have 4 kids, when they were younger we took enough for all of them. Now that all are teens they just take snorkel gear.

We brought some, smaller items that did not take up as much space and rented some.

We bring our own stuff. I don't remember a rental spot on Maegans but, admittedly, I wasn't looking for one.

FWIW, We loved Maegans. Gorgeous and easy to take a taxi over there. It got crowded but people are easy to avoid if you are willing to walk a bit farther down the beach. Shade was somewhat hard to come by.

we have in the past taken our own beach stuff, bought at dollar store or Target. I also purchased our own tubes & floats from Target that can be blown up at the beach. Used them on all islands and then throw them out leaving CC. We also have 4 kids, when they were younger we took enough for all of them. Now that all are teens they just take snorkel gear.

Floats and tubes are on the DCL Prohibited Items list:

Additionally, the following items are restricted for safety reasons and should not be brought on board.

• Aquatic Items
    • Boogie Boards
    • Inflatable floats
    • Inflatable pools
    • Pool noodles
    • Rafts
    • Surfboards
    • Wave boards
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter