Do you ask a company if they offer a Military Discount?

Wow, I'm glad I stayed up late browsing. I often forget to ask about the discount too. Definitely calling Verizon.

Here's my tip. When booking a hotel room, get the best rate offered and THEN ask about military discount. We've found a few times that they'll discount an additional percentage off the best rate for you. If you ask for the military discount first, you may miss out.

Verizon turned out to be 15% when all was said and done. The person on the phone said 23%. Maybe it changed or maybe they are as confused as WDW CM's! :rotfl: But 15% is better than nothing! :)

I always ask as well. Last week I was buying floor tile for a new rental we just bought and asked and the manager said "I've never thought about it well I guess it would be unpatriotic if we didn't, let me take 10 percent off this for you". This was at Color Tile. Like a previous poster said all they can say is no.

BibbidiBobbidiBOO said:
Verizon turned out to be 15% when all was said and done. The person on the phone said 23%. Maybe it changed or maybe they are as confused as WDW CM's! :rotfl: But 15% is better than nothing! :)

I just talked to Verizon last week, and they told me the discount was only 10%. Oh well, it is better than a sharp stick in the eye!

BabyTigger99 said:
I just talked to Verizon last week, and they told me the discount was only 10%. Oh well, it is better than a sharp stick in the eye!
Hang up and call again! Just like with Disney's CRO! ;)
Goggling, I found that most people are getting 15% off members phone plan with Verizon. http://www.baseops.net/marketplace/ I have read a couple with people getting 20%, does not make sense! :rolleyes:

I forget to ask about discounts honestly, unless it's posted!

I want to ditto USAA, they ROCK. We bought our house thru them, insure w/them, and have our checking/savings and investments with them. They are a true benefit to the military. LOVE that I get ATM fees refuned and my check card earns rebates (along w/being free to begin with!!!)

Shades of Green and the Hale Koa are great deals too, and if you are on R&R you can get special deals.

rparmfamily said:
I forget to ask about discounts honestly, unless it's posted!

I want to ditto USAA, they ROCK. We bought our house thru them, insure w/them, and have our checking/savings and investments with them. They are a true benefit to the military. LOVE that I get ATM fees refuned and my check card earns rebates

It is very encouraging to hear about USAA. We are going to try to buy a house when we move depending on the market. And I really want to use USAA for our mortgage.

Every cell phone company has to give goverment employees a discount. Somewhere I have a list of every company and the numbers you need to call. I will find it today and post it here. Verizons discount is suppose to be 20%, maybe its based on services you have or something. We get a 20% discount. Not thats not going to be off the taxes, line charges, etc, just the plan itself.

I ask pretty much everywhere I go. If your in a military town chances are even little companies will offer a little something. Our local putt putt place give us 20% off, wendys 10%, lerner 15%, even our dollar store has buy 10 get one free for military!

I have found that some of these discounts vary from place to place. I live in a military town and our Chick-fil-A's don't give a discount. :(

I know that IHOP everywhere gives a military discount, so does Footlocker! American Eagle gives a military discount but I'm not sure how much.

Again, I have USAA and they are awesome, and the best feature for me is being able to scan a check. I have been stationed overseas for a while now so this is very useful.

pirate:

It has been a long time since I have since this discussion. Glad it is back. I have found that when we shop at Tanger Outlet malls several of the companies offer military discount. I know that we always get an extra 10% discount on top of all discounts at Van Huesen. And in recent years they have started carrying more fashionable womens clothes.

Not every IHOP gives a discount, the one by our house doesn't. I have received the discount at other IHOP's.

The clothing store NY & Co will give a discount.

My cousin is in the Navy and last August we went to Memphis to visit him.

It was "Elvis Week" and we went to Tupelo, Mississippi to visit Elvis' birthplace.

Now there were about 13 of us, adults and kids. My cousin went up and asked if they offered a military discount, they said yes...How many in your party haha!

He said that he had 4 in his family, the woman was so nice and they had no air and it was packed. Let us all go in for FREE!! Granted it was only $12 a person but still.

My other cousin went out to the snack stand and got all the ladies that were working soft drinks and sandwiches and chips as a Thank You. They were so thrilled.

It never hurts to ask and you know what, every Military person deserves it!!!!

Sometimes if I think about it. DH does more than I do. We have found that Verizon does military discounts and Aeropostle does as well.

I always ask. What can it hurt? :confused3 The worse that can happen is that they say no.

Lots and lots of places do give a service member discount. We do at our shop, since they are serving so we can be free. Never huts to ask.

Cold Stone Creamery has been known to offer 10% off.

Almost every movie theater I've been to will honor up to 2 tickets with a military discount, this is usually in military areas though, we went for a movie in Boston a few years ago at a Loews (AMC) and they didn't offer anything, too bad, since tickets were $11.

We get 15% with Sprint, but just to be careful, they just implemented a new policy that they don't offer stackable discounts. We were getting the gov't rate, as well as another 15% off for poor service quality, but that has changed as of this month. Their new system just doesn't allow it, although they made us happy by removing a $ amount instead of the percentage.

We bank with USAA & also have car insurance with them. They had the BEST car insurance rates by far & I shopped around a lot. We would have our home owner's with them if they offered new service in FL, but they don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter