Do we need a fastpass for Na’vi River?

Last month, I saw wait times of over 90 minutes. FastPass is recommended.

You'll definitely want a FP for FoP over River Journey. But if you're not riding FoP, then get one for River journey.

During the day you’ll want a FP, but it’s pretty much a walk on at rope drop. Most people are ripe dropping Flight of Passage.

I would rather do the river ride
Then Lion King Show
Eat lunch and go back to the resort for a swim :)

I am not a huge avatar fan but want to experience every ride at least once. I already have a FP for FOP later in the morning. I am willing to get to AK reasonable early but not crazy early, assume around 8:30ish. I know there will already be a ton of people ahead of me that are heading to FOP. If I go straight to Navi after rope drop, what will wait be like and if it is longer than 20-30 mins is the ride worth it?

I think this one is all over the place. Was there in October, both lines were super long. We had FP+for FOP. We came out in the last hour before closing. MDE showed it as 50 minutes. I don't know why but said, let's walk over there anyway. Time posted was 10 minutes. I asked if that was right given the MDE. They said yes. They were wrong ... it wasn't even that we walked right in and on a boat.

If you want to do FOP then get your FP+ for that. For sure lines and it's good. Navi isn't worth a FP+ over FOP, and it's not worth more than a 20 minute wait. Go at rope drop or try at the end of the night.

So I guess part 2 of my question is this: is FOP so good that I would want to ride it twice? If so should I consider heading that way at rope drop instead of Navi?

It’s totally not worth a substantial wait, though my opinion may be subjective, I wouldn’t wait in line more than 45 minutes for it.

I’d try to get a fast pass

I was planning on RD Navi as I have a FP+ for FoP at 9:45am. But based on the recent touring plans video, along with a tip from a fellow poster, our new plan is to early rope drop FoP, ride Navi immediately afterwards, and then use our FP+ for FoP on a second ride.

I was planning on RD Navi as I have a FP+ for FoP at 9:45am. But based on the recent touring plans video, along with a tip from a fellow poster, our new plan is to early rope drop FoP, ride Navi immediately afterwards, and then use our FP+ for FoP on a second ride.

Interesting. That can all be done in a reasonable amount of time?

Interesting. That can all be done in a reasonable amount of time?

I haven't done it yet, but based on the advice of others and past trip reports, they all think so. They all said that it is MANDATORY to be near the front of the rope drop line, so that you will be in one of the first few groups to get onto FoP. Brian, in his touring plans video, was one of the first ones, and he was out of FoP by a couple minutes before 9am, jumped on Navi and was finished with that by like 9:15-9:20, if I remember correctly. Technically, my party has until 10:45am (11am if pushing it) to use our FP+ for FoP, so yeah, I'm hoping the timing can work out. I would love to ride FoP twice in like 90 minutes and then be done with it for the rest of the day. According to crowd estimators, we'll be going on a pretty low level day crowd-wise with no EMH hours, so that should help as well.

We also have an ADR with TH with the RoL reserved seating at 10:40am, so the earlier we can get through, the better. But I'm actually re-thinking that ADR, after hearing the $9 upcharge isn't worth it for RoL seating.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stand by lines for both FoP and Navi river are both long,you need FPs for both.FoP is always going to have a longer wait but I rather stand in a 2-2.5 hour line for FoP than a 1 hour line for Navi river,the Navi queue is boring and the ride is nice and cute but its basically a 3 minute boat ride.FoP has a more interesting queue and is a great ride.I've ridden FoP stand by 5 times and waited 125,110,130,120 and 55 minutes.Also rode it twice using FP,Navi I've ridden twice,55 minutes standby and used FP the second time,obviously I have no issues with the standby at FoP.

Last edited:
My advice is to get a FP for FoP and do NRJ at rope drop. When we were there in June we got to AK right at park opening so there were a lot of people who got to Pandora before us. We headed straight to NRJ and only waited about 15-20 minutes even though we weren't toward the front of the crowd heading to Pandora. If we had gotten to the park a bit earlier it probably would have been a walk on.

I am not a huge avatar fan but want to experience every ride at least once. I already have a FP for FOP later in the morning. I am willing to get to AK reasonable early but not crazy early, assume around 8:30ish. I know there will already be a ton of people ahead of me that are heading to FOP. If I go straight to Navi after rope drop, what will wait be like and if it is longer than 20-30 mins is the ride worth it?

You don't have to be a fan of Avatar or have seen the movie to enjoy the rides and land.

8:30 for a 9am opening shouldn't be too bad for RJ. I'd guess about a 15 min wait if you head right there.

RD Na’vi and FP FOP. If not interested in FOP I would still RD Na’vi and FP Safaris, Kali, Everest, or Dinosaur over Na’vi. Na’vi is a great experience, yet it can be easily tackled with little to no wait at RD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter