Do we have to put credit card on file for online check-in?

momofmikey

Mommy also to Daniel and Lauren
Hi - was trying to do online check-in for the first time, and it appears I need to designate a credit card. I don't normally do that when we check in. I don't care about adding one if needed to complete online check-in, as long as there would be no reason for anything to get added to it. Has anyone done that and had no problems?

Thanks.

In order to check-in online, you do need to add a credit card. No way to bypass that. You can have the card removed when you arrive if you want. It's only added for charging privelages when you're there.

I was at Pop last month and did the online check in. I simply left the credit card section blank and continued with the check in. No issues with it. When we arrived, the room keys all ready said "not valued for charging."

Hi - was trying to do online check-in for the first time, and it appears I need to designate a credit card. I don't normally do that when we check in. I don't care about adding one if needed to complete online check-in, as long as there would be no reason for anything to get added to it. Has anyone done that and had no problems?

Thanks.

normally it seems to require a CC for online check in (then again we always pay our balance for our room when we arrive - we book Room Only not a package as we have APs). Anyway this time (for our September trip) I did online check in - I did not fill in a CC number and it seemed "OK" with it. I completed the process and all seems fine...

That said - I didn't receive an online checkin e-mail (which I normally do) so I don't know if it "took" it seems to have but with the number of reported glitches out there who knows.

Based on the other poster's reports, its possible they changed online check-in to let you bypass that now. I looked into this back in January because we typically don't add a card either and at that time, I was informed you DO have to add a card for online check-in.

If you do the standard online check in you must give a cc. You can call and ask a cm for the alternative online check in to get around it. I know this because it is what I did a few weeks back. You can also add the cc and just remove it when you get to the resort. Your choice.

I did online check in today for my Saturday arrival and I just bypassed the area where you put a credit card in and it said online check in was confirmed. I logged out of my account and back in and the online check in option was gone so I assumed it worked. Did not get email confirmation either.

I did online check in for us and family traveling with us for our stay last week. We added a credit card, they did not. No issues at all, they did not use their room keys for charges. Neither one of us received confirmation emails but our packets were waiting for us at check in.

I have checked in on-line 3 times, the most recent was October 2012, and not once have I entered CC information. I have always just bypassed that particular step.

Maybe it's been changed since then? :confused3

I tried to do online check-in today for myself and my friend (I've been doing all the booking/organzing). Since I paid for both of our packages on my credit card, it already has it on file with My Disney Experience for both of our reservations and there was no option to remove it, only the option to put in an alternate credit card.

I don't want charging privileges for our reservation, much less charging privileges for my friend's reservation with my credit card.

I want to do online check in for convenience sake and to avoid waiting in lines but if I have to make the request to have the charging privileges removed from both of our reservations upon arrival at the resort anyway, I'm wondering if I'd actually be any further ahead with an online check in?

Can anyone advise??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter