Do we all need passports to Cruise to the Western Caribbean?

allieg8r94

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if DH and I need passports for this cruise. And if we do, will our 9 month old daughter need one as well?

Thanks for letting me know!

It depends on when you are cruising. This rule was recently changed and hasn't gone into effect yet. If you cruise before the end of this year, no passports are needed for anyone. If you cruise 2006 or after, you must all have passports.

Just went yesterday and applied for the kids passports. Doing theirs first and then we will get ours. Make sure you use the proper application and it is an easy process. They do keep your original birth certificate to send with the application and they told us about 5-6 weeks. They are expecting longer wait times as it gets closer to the end of the year because of the new requirements.

go into effect Dec. 31, 2005 for the Caribbean (who has regulations go into effect the LAST day of the year??!!)
OF COURSE, we disembark that day!
These were proposed in April, and the gov't has yet to make them official...but certainly don't want to have them make them official Dec. 1 and be shut out!
We will be applying for our FIVE passports the middle of next month (before we all go back to school) if things remain the same! Yes nearly $500!!!!!
(I could have spent that on the ship, Disney.... :earseek: )
Note that both parents must go w/ each child when applying, unless you have notorized form giving parental permission.
You can download the forms from the government site. Just google passport regulations.
Happy crusing!
Kristin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter