do they hold some slots for activities till departure

racheltatt

did someone say Disney?
We just booked for May 25th.2019 on the Fantasy. My husband is active duty Army and we always end up having to book last minute, which makes it difficult to book activities online. For this cruise all the tastings are booked, and more heartbreaking to me the Princess Tea is also booked. I know I have had some luck in the past getting tickets for some events that showed up as sold out upon boarding at guest services. Just curious if some spots are held back, or if there is any way to get on a wait list for the Princess tea. Not greatly concerned w shore excursions and can live without tequila tasting, but would love to get to that tea party. Thanks in advance for any tips, hoping for some Disney Magic...

We just booked for May 25th.2019 on the Fantasy. My husband is active duty Army and we always end up having to book last minute, which makes it difficult to book activities online. For this cruise all the tastings are booked, and more heartbreaking to me the Princess Tea is also booked. I know I have had some luck in the past getting tickets for some events that showed up as sold out upon boarding at guest services. Just curious if some spots are held back, or if there is any way to get on a wait list for the Princess tea. Not greatly concerned w shore excursions and can live without tequila tasting, but would love to get to that tea party. Thanks in advance for any tips, hoping for some Disney Magic...

Some of the tastings are only available to book once on board. I’m not sure about the princess tea, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they hold a few spaces back. I would inquire at guest services upon boarding. I would tell you to check the navigator for the location to go and see about these activities, except that evidently they aren’t doing paper navigators anyway, so I guess guest services it is.

We've gone to Port Adventures upon boarding and been able to get slots for virtual sports that were booked up in advance, so it might be possible.

We are booked on that cruise too! This is our first time DCL, so I too was disappointed to see all the tasting classes booked when my window opened. My plan was to check after we boarded, so maybe I'll see you there. Good luck!

As others have said, go straight to guest services (or where you need to for the specific activity) once you board the boat and try to book. My last cruise Palo brunch was booked for all 3 days it was offered by the time my window opened (I was silver at the time). I went straight to Palo once on board and found SEVERAL available reservations to pick from.

Agree with previous posters - the tastings especially are subject to additional spots onboard. We board as early as possible and I go right into the GS line to see what's open. I've gotten into a ton of tastings that way.

The Navigator you receive when you check in will tell you where you need to go to sign up for Palo, tastings, and other activities. We had the same problem on our Fantasy cruise last September, no availability before sailing. We were third in line outside of the EG to make a reservation for Palo brunch. Palo brunch was at the top of our list. We were able to get spots for tastings too, although it wasn't at GS. Check your Navigator to see where you need to go for the activity you want.

We enjoyed Palo brunch so much we booked a dinner, for another night, on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter