DO they have irons onboard????

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
Gotta get those wrinkles out of them clothes to be able to look nice...

They do have irons in the laundry rooms, but my vote is to send it out & have it pressed. Very reasonable rates & back the next day.

Yes they have an iron and ironing board that we ended up useing for one of my husbands shirts. I just made sure they were all well packed in the garmet back before leaving and checking them on the plane and then when we got to our motel I hung it up right away and then again on board I made sure they were hung. I took one of my sons shirts and hung it in the bathroom with the steam from the shower and it worked out fine. You may be surprised how well your cloths come out the the suitcases and garmet bag if you are very careful with the packing. Have a great trip!!
Houzer

DrCavin said:
but my vote is to send it out & have it pressed. Very reasonable rates & back the next day.

Loved this option, used it last time and it was awesome!

I agree w/DrCavin and allears...we figured that we were on vacation, so we allocated this amount into our spending along with tips, excursions, etc. It was extremely reasonable. I believe that www.dcltribute.com has the dry cleaning prices, and just to have something pressed is 50% of that price. Well worth it in our opinion...the only things we had to iron ourselves were garments for the first nights dinner. I think DH sent out 8 or 9 shirts and a pair of pants or 2, and we paid around $15.

it is DCLTribute.com...then you click on the "FAQ" link...scroll down to laundry service. Viola!

Yes, they have irons in all of the laundry roms, and if your very stingy with all your money, then you can use them, and to help you before you even get there, when you are packing your clothes, roll them up instead of folding them, it GREATLY reduces rinkles :)

jlcbshaw said:
Whats that all about?

As everyone has alreayd mentioned, its very cheap to just get room service to do it, but some people are so stingy with there money they just wont pay a cent if they can do it themselves, sorry if it offended anyone :sad2:

I read that a few people are taking their travel irons. I wish they wouldn't because it is so dangerous if they forget to turn them off!

pppiglet said:
I read that a few people are taking their travel irons. I wish they wouldn't because it is so dangerous if they forget to turn them off!

This is so true, and I have never had an inconvenience using the laundry rooms, be it washers, dryers, or irons.... :goodvibes

pppiglet said:

What about steamers? I had heard - can't remember where so it probably isn't true - that you could bring steamers on board. That is what I use to get the wrinkles out of my formals - since you can't iron them - works on DH's suits to.

I was thinking about bringing a travel iron but figured I would need to use it in the laundry room for the ironing board - figured I would need to use the steamer in the laundry room to - didn't really think about using either in my room. I just know how my travel iron works - how hot it gets, how much steam it produces, etc. - and would feel better using my own.

Will they remove it from checked luggage?

Travel irons are prohibited from being in your room. That is why they provide irons in the laundry rooms. I would suggest taking a towel and putting that over your clothes before ironing as some have said that there has been some residue on the irons. I am sure most people are not as careful with irons onboard as they would be at home.

But again, travel irons ARE PROHIBITED onboard. Not sure about steamers...you can check with DCL on that, but irons are a no no.

Inever leave home without Downy Wrinkle Releasor about $4.00 a bottle, works like magic :cool1:

PLEASE LEAVE IRONS AT HOME.. How @%&*# would you be if someone caught their room on fire & you had to spend part of your vacation preparing to get into the lifeboats??? ... NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

From dcltribute.com
Dry cleaning service:

Description Price
(in U.S. Dollars)
Pants $4.25
Jacket $4.50
Two-piece suit $7.00
Shirt $3.50
Tie $2.00
Evening dress $8.00
Skirt $4.50
Blouse $4.00

There is a "pressing only" service at 50% of dry cleaning cost.

KAR3600 said:
Inever leave home without Downy Wrinkle Releasor about $4.00 a bottle, works like magic :cool1:

I second this. It works great esp. for shirts.

I would suggest taking a towel and putting that over your clothes before ironing as some have said that there has been some residue on the irons.
:wizard: Thanks mmouse37 for the idea about the towel.
PLEASE LEAVE IRONS AT HOME.. How @%&*# would you be if someone caught their room on fire & you had to spend part of your vacation preparing to get into the lifeboats??? ... NOT WORTH IT!!!!!
:confused3 Apparently I hit a nerve with the travel iron thing. :duck: Didn't mean to. :confused3

First of all, never intended to use it in my room. No need to shout.

Second, plan to check what is not allowed and abide by the rules.

I realize that not everyone will be as paranoid as I am about personal appliances so there have to be rules to protect everyone.

I have always been over cautious when it comes to appliances in the bedroom - the result of an explosive hair dryer episode in my teens that set the bed on fire :scared1: . (It was put out with out much physical damage but I still unplug and examine my hairdryer when I put it away - same with curling irons and hot rollers. ::yes:: )

I will be glad to be on the boat if my clothes are wrinkled or not. :cloud9:
Originally Posted by KAR3600
Inever leave home without Downy Wrinkle Releasor about $4.00 a bottle, works like magic
Won't work for me - allergies. Wish I could use it though.

Can you tell me more about this Downy Wrinkle releasor please? I have three sons and my DH with casual shirts for dinner in our luggage as we speak. I know they will be wrinkled coming out of it. So what do you do with this, just spray it on and woola, it takes all the wrinkles out? Or do you still have to iron?

Can you tell me more about this Downy Wrinkle releasor please? I have three sons and my DH with casual shirts for dinner in our luggage as we speak. I know they will be wrinkled coming out of it. So what do you do with this, just spray it on and woola, it takes all the wrinkles out? Or do you still have to iron?

This is what the company website says about it - sounds like great stuff.

Downy Wrinkle Releaser is an easy-to-use spray that reduces wrinkles and helps keep your casual clothes looking neat without all the hassle of ironing. Its unique formula relaxes fabric fibers, helping to release wrinkles. And Downy Wrinkle Releaser leaves clothes with incredible softness.

For a finished look without the stiffness of starch use Downy Wrinkle Releaser while ironing. You can also use Downy Wrinkle Releaser on dry-clean-only clothes. It won't leave a residue on dark fabrics. Downy Wrinkle Releaser is great on clothes right out of your dryer, closet or laundry basket. Think of all the times your clothes are creased by storage in your drawers, suitcase or gym locker. Just spray, tug and smooth anytime you need to quickly reduce unsightly wrinkles.

It couldn't be easier. Just spray Downy Wrinkle Releaser on your wrinkled garment* in a sweeping motion until lightly damp, not wet. (Be sure to pull the spray trigger all the way back.) Help release the wrinkles by firmly tugging the garment horizontally and vertically. Then smooth with your hands. Your clothes can look casually pressed. For a finished look, you can use Downy Wrinkle Releaser instead of spray starch while ironing.

*Most shirts, dresses and some pants are best treated when hanging. Stretchy fabrics (like sweaters), small items (like children's clothes and shorts) and long pants get better results when you treat them on a flat surface.

Tips to Reduce Drying Time:
• Treat clothes with Downy Wrinkle Releaser the night before you plan to wear them. By morning, they'll be dry and ready to wear.
• Make sure you always check the garment care label first before applying any of the following quick-drying methods to your clothing.
• Spray on garment and then tumble dry briefly (about 10 minutes) on low heat to help quickly de-wrinkle. Take the garment out immediately when tumbling is finished.
• Use a hair dryer to quickly dry clothing you need to wear right away. Always check your care label first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter