Do the better rooms go on a first come first served basis

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
I've heard of people getting a free upgrade in low season, and as we'll be visiting at a quiet time I'm hoping we'll be lucky.

So my question is - would we be better to get to check in a little before 3pm to get in first, or would we be better off leaving it until much later ?

Well, our experience may be different to others, but on our first visit which was very late August - September, we went straight to the park off the Eurostar and strolled over to the Sequoia arriving at about 5.00pm to avoid the 3.00pm check-in line.

Not only did we avoid the line and were seen almost straightaway, we got a room in the main building, overlooking the lake and could see the top of the Castle plus we saw some of the fireworks!!!! (We had not paid for a water view and although we did not realise it at the time, was a larger room than average!)

However I've gone in a lighter season and not got an upgrade in spite of fluttering my eyelashes :teeth:

As with WDW, I think it is a question of pot luck!

Thanks Shirley :D

If its pot luck then I'll leave it to the hands of fate. Theres no point in rushing back for check in, then queing for ages when theres just as much of a chance of getting one later.
We should arrive at about 2pm, so we'll head straight for the parks and head back to check in at around 7pm.

Hi,

It is always worth asking politely when you check-in if there is the possibilty of an upgrade. They may be able to upgrade you to a better room for free, however in my experience they have usually offered a supplement upon arrival to upgrade. I don't think it really matters what time you check-in and we usually do the same as Shirley and head in to the park first and return early-eveining to check-in and avoid some of the queues.

Richard. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter