Do some CMs not even check properties when you call for a reservation?

cvjw

DIS Veteran
I called this morning to see if there was any availability for a studio or a 1 bedroom for the last two nights of May - we decided this morning to extend our trip. The CM that answered my call supposedly checked all of the resorts, and there was only a studio at SSR, and a 1 bedroom at OKW. I got off the phone with him to check with DH, and called right back - less than 5 minutes later to book the OKW 1 bedroom, and guess what? When the next girl checked the exact same request for me, there was availability at multiple resorts, in multiple room types. I ended up at the BCV! So, did the first CM just not bother to check for me? I can't imagine that all those resorts and villa types showed up as cancellations in under 5 minutes.

Perhaps WL were fulfilled and ressies shuffled around in that 5 min? :confused3 I would hope that's the answer and not that the CM didn't look things up - because that would be annoying! :mad:

Glad you got into BVC though! :grouphug:

It's not unusual for a CM that is logged into the system to not see immediate cancelations/resort openings without first logging out then in again to get the updated inventory. When we were on a waitlist a CM told us we should call often for that reason - the system is slow and will not reflect changes in inventory immediately while connected.

It changes requently, DH called once for reservations and choice 1 was BW view villa, it was there and then gone. CM and DH decided to go onto choice 2 BCV, then WL the BW view. After CM got all the info in for BCV, she decide to look again before entering the WL. Guess what was back? BW view villa. CM was able to change our ressie to that.

Yes the availability can change in just a few minutes. I don't think the CM was bs'ing the OP.

That happened to me I called two months before our last minute trip and could get OKW at HH in a 2 bedroom. After I called the kids to see if this was ok, I called back she said it was Ok and then had to cancel my June trip and while she was doing this I lost a day in the middle of the trip, but I went on the waitlist for AKV and I got it. A 2 bedroom Savanna view. So it does change quickly.

I have called before and had CM's that didnt want to be bothered checking availability. They would check one or 2 resorts but not whatever ones.
I would hang up and call back and get a very helpful CM and they would find all types of availability.
I am 90% sure in my case it was the CM and not the system just by the attitude the CM had

I have called before and had CM's that didnt want to be bothered checking availability. They would check one or 2 resorts but not whatever ones.
I would hang up and call back and get a very helpful CM and they would find all types of availability.
I am 90% sure in my case it was the CM and not the system just by the attitude the CM had

I mostly call at 11 months to book our home resorts, but last summer I called for a short trip and the CM checked all resorts for me for about a 2 week period for a specific size unit. When I call right at 7 months, I usually have my "game plan" of resorts for a specific date and specific unit size. CM have never given me a hard time or acted like I was bothering them, they've been more than helpful.

I do think, though, that there is an incredible amount of shifting that takes place every day, especially in the mornings, and also factoring in when online requests sent the previous day are pushed through. The CM that the OP spoke to could very well have not thoroughly checked, but my guess is that there probably is that much change that goes on in any given day. Either way, to the OP, congrats on your BCV score!! :goodvibes

I've looked at confirmation numbers for two different villas I reserved at the same time and their numbers are very far apart. In that short time for the villa to be booked there was and incredible amount of activity by the other CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter