Do Soldiers Have Martin L King day off?

ArmyWifey1974

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone.. My hubby just returned home from 6 months in Afghanistan and I am trying to surprise him with a trip to WDW in Jan/ Feb .. Does anyone know if soldiers back home get the day off? I know that the banks and schools are closed that day but I also know that the military is always working.. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.. Take Care, Janet

I think that they have the day off. I would be careful though because if your husband is anything like mine he works tons of holidays too just because of things going wrong throughout the week or having problem soldiers. I hope you have a great trip. Where are you stationed at?

Hi Tina.. thanks for the response..Yep my hubby works alot of hours too.. We have been married for 3 years and out of that he has only been home for 9 months because he is always deployed. We are stationed at Fort Gordon ( off post) .. I noticed that you are in KY.. That is where our house is ( Fort Campbell area) we are hoping to get stationed there again instead of renting it out while we are here in a small Georgia apartment. Take Care~

I believe it is usually a 4-day weekend thing, depending on training requirements & "army needs"!

My DH is Air Force and he does have the day off, making it a 3 day weekend. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter