Do resorts typically have PhotoPass photographers stationed there?

AmyMac1109

Mouseketeer
I did a few searches and I couldn't really find anything responsive to my specific question, so hopefully some of you might know or be able to offer some personal anecdotes here...

We almost always buy the the Memory Maker package. The $169 pre-arrival price is well worth it to us since we typically have 3-5 park days plus some resort days. HOWEVER, on this upcoming trip, we only have a single park day (for which I was going to buy the single day Memory Maker) and will otherwise have 3 resort days. When we were last there in January, on our very last day (literally as we were outside waiting on our ride to the airport), we ran into a PhotoPass photographer outside the Poly who essentially gave us our own 15 minute photo shoot. We captured some of my favorite photos of my kids and family, not just of that trip, but ever.

Is it standard to have PhotoPass photographers outside resorts? If so, which ones? I would gladly purchase the Memory Maker package this time again if we could get some great shots at the different resorts (we plan to do some hopping on our trip), or really anywhere other than the parks. But I don't want to spend $169 though if the photographer stationed outside the Poly last time was just a fluke on our last trip. The Memory Maker description on the Disney site only says "Professional photos taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers in iconic park locations and beyond." So that's not exactly helpful.

What are your experiences finding photographers at the resorts and other locations outside of the parks?

A few used to, primarily the deluxe resorts. but they don’t anymore.

beyond likely means the ones at Disney Springs

I’ve only ever seen one at GF
Same here. The Cinderella glass slipper shoot was still there (at the top of the big staircase) in March (our last stay) and has been there for a couple of years now. My daughter's done it on three separate stays...always angling for that perfect shot, lol.

Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Jambo typically do for pictures in front of the Christmas tree. Animal Kingdom even had Santa out in front of the tree this past Christmas Eve. Grand Floridian also has a little studio set up on the second floor and you can take pictures there. Enjoy!

IMG_8239.jpeg

I never really have seen a photo pass photographer hanging around a resort. I know there is a photo pass studio at DS where they have different backgrounds for photos.
I don't know if we'll make it to DS on this trip, but good to know that's an option.
The only place I notice them is at the Grand Floridian. Upstairs there has been a Cinderella glass slipper setup for awhile now. Over Christmas and sometimes at Easter a PhotoPass photographer is also in the main lobby for shots.
Grand Floridian is on our resort hopping list. So we'll look there for sure.
A few used to, primarily the deluxe resorts. but they don’t anymore.

beyond likely means the ones at Disney Springs
We stayed at the Poly in January and ran into a photographer out front as we were leaving for the airport, which is what prompted this question. We didn't notice anyone there in the previous five days, but we also rarely left through the main door, so I don't know that we would have noticed one before then. And of course, we didn't think to ask him while he was photographing us.

We're staying at WL this trip and planning to hop to most of the deluxe resorts. So, I'm hoping maybe there will some stationed like there was at Poly. We're not arriving until July 2, so I still have some more time to decide whether I get the one day or the package.

Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Jambo typically do for pictures in front of the Christmas tree. Animal Kingdom even had Santa out in front of the tree this past Christmas Eve. Grand Floridian also has a little studio set up on the second floor and you can take pictures there. Enjoy!
We'll definitely head to GF to look for the studio there. My kids will love it. Unfortunately, our trip is in July, so a bit too early for Christmas shoots. Oh well. Thanks!

I don't know if we'll make it to DS on this trip, but good to know that's an option.

Grand Floridian is on our resort hopping list. So we'll look there for sure.

We stayed at the Poly in January and ran into a photographer out front as we were leaving for the airport, which is what prompted this question. We didn't notice anyone there in the previous five days, but we also rarely left through the main door, so I don't know that we would have noticed one before then. And of course, we didn't think to ask him while he was photographing us.

We're staying at WL this trip and planning to hop to most of the deluxe resorts. So, I'm hoping maybe there will some stationed like there was at Poly. We're not arriving until July 2, so I still have some more time to decide whether I get the one day or the package.
The Cinderella Glass Slipper shoot at the Grand is on the upper lobby floor, at the top of the big stairway (or go right when you exit the monorail if you're coming that way).

When we last stayed at the Contemporary, the only place I ever saw setups for PhotoPass was at one of the parks. The Disney website talks about 3 STUDIO locations where pictures can be taken.

1685725247619.png

Never seen them at SSR
That's okay, we're unlikely to make it over that way anyway. Thanks!
There was one at the Poly yesterday morning when we arrived to check in, outside around the front entrance. He had a prop boat oar from Moana to pose with and we also got a magic shot with Stitch.
Okay, so it seems like at least one hanging around the Poly is pretty standard. That's good news. We'll be at the Poly at least twice on this trip. Between that, the GF, and DS, it seems like it might be worth my while to get the package then.

That's okay, we're unlikely to make it over that way anyway. Thanks!

Okay, so it seems like at least one hanging around the Poly is pretty standard. That's good news. We'll be at the Poly at least twice on this trip. Between that, the GF, and DS, it seems like it might be worth my while to get the package then.
Funny enough we left the room right after I posted that because we’re on the way to Epcot for the evening and we saw another PhotoPass photographer near Pineapple Lanai and the lawn. We got a few pics before rain forced us inside but she took a ton of pics of us in the lobby too.

Funny enough we left the room right after I posted that because we’re on the way to Epcot for the evening and we saw another PhotoPass photographer near Pineapple Lanai and the lawn. We got a few pics before rain forced us inside but she took a ton of pics of us in the lobby too.
You'll probably see them everywhere now, lol.

I wish all the resorts had photographers. At least just one in the lobby visiting from time to time would be such a treat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter