Do people still fax room requests?

Faxing didn't do a thing for me, in fact they said they never got it at all.

I faxed ASMu for connecting rooms-that is it. We already paid for preferred rooms. Did not get them-got adjoining rooms.

Yes, Connecting not adjoining was requested on the reservations.

Do you have your requests in your reservation? That is the best place to have them.

Oddly, when I booked, my travel agent tried to note a request and the Disney folks wouldn't take it.

I went back to the snail-mail route. My thought is that they might honor the difference in effort between a fax and a letter. I included pictures of us to illustrate why I was placing the request.

One month from today I'll find out if it worked this time!

In 2006, I faxed our loop request to Fort Wilderness (we were staying in a cabin) about 2 days before we were scheduled to arrive. We received a cabin both in the loop we wanted & near the front of the loop like we had also requested. I'm not sure if they received my fax or, if we just got "lucky".

This coming June, we're staying in a woods-view room at WL. I had previously read that the WL doesn't accept room request faxes, so, when I made our reservation through our AAA agent, I requested 4th or 5th floor on the Magic Kingdom side/overlooking the otter pond.

Her doubtfullly spoken response to my request, "We'll see if they'll let me make a special request."

When we received our confirmation papers from AAA, the only thing that was noted was our room category - woods-view.

So, can you not make requests when booking through AAA? I know requests are only requests & that nothing is guaranteed - still, it would be nice if those requests were noted somewhere.

We go to our AAA office this Friday to pay the final deposit for our trip :-)cool1: ), so I'll ask again if our requests can be at least noted.

However, if requests can't be made through AAA, is there another way to have your room requests noted at the WL?

Thanks for any advice!

I had booked my trip on-line because I din't want to sit on the phone for Lord knows how long when Free dining opened up. So I couldn't specify any cetain requests exceot that I wanted a fridge and trundle bed. We will be at POR.

The day we arrive is my DD's birthday. is it too late to call to have it noted? We get there Sept. 6th. Will they do anything for her or will I be wasting my time calling?

The day we arrive is my DD's birthday. is it too late to call to have it noted? We get there Sept. 6th. Will they do anything for her or will I be wasting my time calling?

You can still call and have your DD's birthday noted on your ressie. I know that when we are there for my mom's b'day she always has a card and balloon from Mickey and the gang in her room.

You can still call and have your DD's birthday noted on your ressie. I know that when we are there for my mom's b'day she always has a card and balloon from Mickey and the gang in her room.

Thank you! :)

She will be 14 but I think it would be neat to have something done. It would thrill me if it was my birthday! :laughing:

Personally, I do not bother faxing anymore. I doubt they even read them from what I have heard, but who knows. What I do is make my requests at the time of my original booking. I also call the resort number directly about 4-3 days prior to my arrival date. Finally, when I check in I reiterate all of my requests. I have always gotten what I have wanted except for one time.

When we received our confirmation papers from AAA, the only thing that was noted was our room category - woods-view.

I booked our trip thru the disney website and when I received our confirmation it did not have anything about the request. I followed up with a phone call and they said the request was in the reservation so for some reason it just didn't print out on the confirmation. I don't know if this is what happened with yours but maybe a phone call can be made?

I have always placed a room requst in my reservation and have never gotten my request! :confused:
I read that sometimes the requests get "lost" when they transfer to the resort at about 5 days out so this time I am faxing!
I must have bad room karma! :lmao:
Hey, by the time I am at the resort, they could put me in a broom closet and I'd still just be glad to be in Disney!

Okay, when some of you guys say you follow up with a phone call...Are you phoning the resort itself or are you phoning CRO? I think I'm still going to fax, as it can't hurt, but I may call also.

Okay, when some of you guys say you follow up with a phone call...Are you phoning the resort itself or are you phoning CRO? I think I'm still going to fax, as it can't hurt, but I may call also.

I called CRO to confirm.

If you're calling a few days before you arrive, you'll need to call the resort number, not DRC. However do remember that all Disney resort phone lines are now answered via a central WDW call centre (even when you press '0' on your in-room phone) so you may need to make sure that you are transferred to someone who is actually based at the resort in question.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter