Do Not...

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
TEXT and Drive!

An American comedian on one of our comedy programs tonight, appealed to viewers with part of his act that; If you think Drinking and Driving is bad, at least 'someone" is driving the car!

Please Do Not TEXT and DRIVE!

TEXT and Drive!

An American comedian on one of our comedy programs tonight, appealed to viewers with part of his act that; If you think Drinking and Driving is bad, at least 'someone" is driving the car!

Please Do Not TEXT and DRIVE!

Neither is OK.

Just found out some friends of friends have been in a horrific accident. Mother and daughter died. Son was the only survivor.

It is believed she was texting.

If you are caught texting and driving here you will receive a $300 ticket and also demerits on your license, causing it to cost more to renew it. Still constantly see people doing it.:scared:

Voice to text is just as distracting as regular texting too...so that's not a good alternative either.

There is a commercial here in Florida (not sure if it's nationwide) where it shows a upset mom, talking about how a driver who was texting hit her son, and missed his brain stem by "that much" as she holds up a tiny space between her fingers. The son is paralized, in a wheel chair, and on breathing tubes. Then she says, "I'm told the text was "on my way"."

Freaking Commercial breaks my heart every time. I can't imagine anyone having to go thru that.

So weird that you posted this tonight. I was thinking about posting something on this topic myself today.

Recently my car was struck by a driver who I am pretty sure was texting while driving. I was stopped to turn left -- she neither slowed down nor stopped and rammed me full-force. (With kids in my back seat, which was awful.) Now I'm having back pain, neck pain, dizzy spells, etc.

She got out of the car with her phone in hand and then stood there texting the entire time we were waiting for the police. It was bizarre. She just seemed like one of those people who can't put the phone down.

I do believe it becomes an addiction for some people. Or at the very least an obsession. And, I'm sorry, but driving and texting don't mix and you're going to hurt someone eventually if you do it.

There is a commercial here in Florida (not sure if it's nationwide) where it shows a upset mom, talking about how a driver who was texting hit her son, and missed his brain stem by "that much" as she holds up a tiny space between her fingers. The son is paralized, in a wheel chair, and on breathing tubes. Then she says, "I'm told the text was "on my way"."

Freaking Commercial breaks my heart every time. I can't imagine anyone having to go thru that.

I have seen this ad up here in Va. It's really sad. I pray every time my son gets in his car to drive that he doesn't txt.

His Act nor my thread is to condone Drinking and Driving is ok compared to Texting and Driving; Rather that Texting is not regarded as dangerous as.

I agree with you. I was just stating the obvious.

As a matter of fact where I live starting June 1, 2013, cell phone violations and texting & driving violations now carry 5 points (up from 3). The new 5-point designation makes these two types of moving offenses the second most serious in the State, NY.

I am HAPPY to see this happen - cell usage and texting while driving is way out of control around here.

I disagree whole heartedly.

First off talking on your cell phone is up there with passengers, radios and eating yet we are not banning them. There is already distracted driving laws on the books so lets enforce them.

Nope we have a knee jerk reaction and ban call phones while driving. But we allow hands free which has now been said to be more dangerous. I am not surprised as this is par for course.

I for one will continue to talk on my phone and drive despite it being illegal. You have to know when and where its appropriate. For example bumper to bumper 5 oclock rush hour on surface streets is not a good idea. But when I am zipping down the freeway mid day sunday and the road is near empty whats the issue.

First off talking on your cell phone is up there with passengers, radios and eating yet we are not banning them. There is already distracted driving laws on the books so lets enforce them.

Nope we have a knee jerk reaction and ban call phones while driving. But we allow hands free which has now been said to be more dangerous. I am not surprised as this is par for course.

I for one will continue to talk on my phone and drive despite it being illegal. You have to know when and where its appropriate. For example bumper to bumper 5 oclock rush hour on surface streets is not a good idea. But when I am zipping down the freeway mid day sunday and the road is near empty whats the issue.

I actually agree that talking on the phone is only as distracting as talking to a passenger, but texting and driving is different. Texting requires typing, and typing shouldn't be done while driving.

I'll admit I've done it a few times, but always when in the middle of nowhere, and I admit, I've crossed the white line. Which is why I don't text and drive anymore. Easier to send out a call and put it on speaker, if I desperately need to get in contact with someone.

As a matter of fact where I live starting June 1, 2013, cell phone violations and texting & driving violations now carry 5 points (up from 3). The new 5-point designation makes these two types of moving offenses the second most serious in the State, NY.

I am HAPPY to see this happen - cell usage and texting while driving is way out of control around here.

Awesome! I'd like to see same penalties here.

This thread is about texting and driving, not talking while driving. And the bolded part intrigues me. Something is illegal, but instead of going through the proper channels to change it, you are going to do it anyway because YOU get to decide when and where certain illegal acts are appropriate? It's an interesting though. For me, I'd rather follow the law and go through the steps of getting the law changed. Seems it would be more productive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter