' Do magicband 1 still work in parks? | The DIS Disney Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

Do magicband 1 still work in parks?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by lookame, May 17, 2018.

1. lookame

lookame Mouseketeer

I didn't know magic bands were changing and I purchased 4 of the first versions of magicbands on clearance. Each matches each person with their favorite characters. We are staying on site (a split stay actually so each person is getting two of the new magicband 2) but these ones are a little special so if they still work it'd be nice if they could still be used. We'll be there in Jan 2019

2. hiroMYhero

hiroMYhero I'm satisfied with my care... Moderator

They will definitely work for park entrances and FPs. If you carry a new MB with you at all times, ride photos and videos will automatically link to your MDX account.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Fangorn

Fangorn DIS Veteran

They'll still work for anything where you touch the band to the Mickey head. For the very few things that use the short range transceiver (ride photos in particular) that might not work depending on how old the bands are. But it's a matter of battery life, not the fact that its a v1.0 band.

The only difference between v1.0 and v2.0 bands is the form factor. The internals are the same.

Steve

5. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

I still use mine, has my AP on it, linked to my MDE account.

6. lookame

lookame Mouseketeer

Ok thanks. I think I bought them when the magicband 2 were coming out but I dnt know exactly hen they were made. I've never opened them or linked them to MDX. It does sound though that if they are used we should have a MB2 with us just in case.

7. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

Someone on here once said that when you Customize your Magic Bands, you should include the year, or year and month of your trip (such as 2018 or 08 18) so that in the future it will be easy to see how old the Magic Band is.