Do kids have to order of the kids menu?

chaseg03

Wishing I was on a cruise
im 13 and believe me, I don't want chicken fingers every night on my next cruise. Last cruise I was 12 and I ordered off the adult menu every night but some people are saying Disney changes this? Is this true? Thanks!

im 13 and believe me, I don't want chicken fingers every night on my next cruise. Last cruise I was 12 and I ordered off the adult menu every night but some people are saying Disney changes this? Is this true? Thanks!
Nope. Kids can order like adults and adults like kids.

As noted, anyone can order of either menu. I've often ordered something off the kid's menu when I couldn't find anything on the "adult" menu that appealed to me.

My son (an adult) would order the kid's menu chicken tenders for his appetizer every night.

I have an 11 year old and she would only eat chicken nuggets if it were the only option. She's an adventurous eater and I hope your parents are glad that you are also! Makes traveling more fun!

Disney is great and the staff just want to make you happy! As others said they will serve you however they can. I've even had then change meals for me (alfredo instead of red sauce etc). The one meal my daughter wanted soya sauce for her rice the server said no problem 15 minutes later he returned with an unopened bottle he had to go to another restaurant to get it but he got it, we were impressed.

My DGD, age 4, ordered beef from the adult menu every lunch and dinner on our recent Wonder cruise. She also requested broccoli each meal. She got it. Not kid size portions either. She normally is not a good eater but ate well this cruise.

I'm traveling solo with my 8 year old son and I would revolt if they made me pay adult fare for him then made him eat chicken nuggets the whole time. So glad to hear that's not the case ;)

Ordering from the adult menu is a great way to experience new foods because if you try something and don't like it, it's okay...you can ask your server for something else! You probably can't get away with that at home....

There were quite a few nights that my middle child (9 at the time) ordered from the adult menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter