• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do I need to make profiles and link all tickets for my travel party

VeronicaZS

DIS Veteran
Reposting from the Resorts board... My only frame of reference is Disney so I a bit lost planning our first trip to Universal. I created a Universal account and booked a room at RP. I purchased 5 tickets from a 3rd party website.
  1. Do I need to create profiles for DH and kids like Disney friends and family? Is it better for DH to have his own account or can he just use mine for the app for things like mobile order? What about the kids (they don't have phones so won't use the app)?
  2. I have paper tickets, I linked 1 ticket to my Universal account but am unsure if I should link the rest.
  3. I'm assuming I can exchange my paper tickets for plastic tickets when I check in correct?
What else am I missing?

I would keep all the e-tickets linked together on your app so you have everything in one place. You can still screenshot each ticket barcode/number in your app and send a pic to your husband so he has a copy of everyone's number in case you separate to ride different rides, take one of the kids back to the hotel, etc. Your husband can download the app and create a log in for himself. That will let him check wait times and do mobile order if you separate. He wouldn't have to create an account if you'll always stay together. I'd still keep his ticket on your phone with all the others for your records.

Also, go ahead and get a printed ticket for everyone when you are activating everything. You mentioned a plastic ticket but Universal's are usually small paper tickets unless you have annual passes. You'll need them for the rides with the metal detectors where you can't take your phone (Velocicoaster, Hulk, Rip Ride Rocket). Your ticket is what you scan to open the locker so you need the paper ticket for those rides. The employees at the lockers can give you a barcode to access them if you don't have a paper ticket but it's easier to just have your own instead of asking every time.

We have lanyards so we keep our ticket and room key in the lanyards. We usually stay at premier hotels to get express pass and the room key is the express pass for those 3 hotels. You said you're staying at RP so lanyards are definitely helpful to keep all the express passes handy. You can bring lanyards from home if you already have them from other events or they'll happily sell them to you for $12 each or whatever. It's a little harder for kids to lose their lanyard than if their ticket and room key/express pass is just in their pocket. It also keeps them dry if it's raining or you ride the water rides.

I am following. Not sure the purpose of the Universal app?

You will be using the app for mobile order and checking ride times. You will not be reserving rides through a Genie+ type system.

You will use your room key to stand in the ExpressPass line. This is where lanyards come in handy, because they will scan your ExpressPass.

Some rides require lockers. Unless you have a giant backpack/bag, it is not that big of an issue. I use the same crossbody bags in the park that I use in my day to day life and I have never had a problem getting the bag into a regular locker. The process is not that time consuming or complicated and only takes a few minutes. The lockers are either right next to the queue, or right before you ride. You will scan your park ticket to get into the lockers. This is another time where lanyards come in handy.

You do not need the same type of planning for a WDW trip. Make a list of what you want to do (rides, shows, food, shopping) and then each day go in with a rough plan of what you want to do. Aside from a few of the most popular restaurants, very little will be planned/reserved in advance. There are very few table service places in the parks. Most of them are in CityWalk.

If have any other planning questions, please ask. The people on this board are happy to help with great advice and recommendations.

The App has a wallet facility and you can store your tickets, your family’s tickets and any event tickets there.

Wallet has been working well this trip. One shared account should be good. My problem last year was , my husband and I had separate accounts. He linked the tickets on his, so I can’t see my ticket info on mine. But if you all agree to share one account, everyone logging in w same info, should be good.
I still used my own account this trip for mobile ordering food. Can store credit card and even apply AP discount in the app. Just had to scan Ap. Gave my daughter my login info, and she easily used mobile order at several places. worked really great at leaky Cauldron. Mobile order really improved since last year.
Also used a lot for wait times.
Also confirmed can use hotel card for lockers. Had bought friends a mobile ticket , and didn’t have time to print, or take time to get hard copy at gs. When she used her hotel card everywhere for lockers instead of ticket..

Regarding the express pass do you still get the ones people say come out of the machine in the lobby of the hotel or is it only the key? How many keys can you get? I have 5 in the family and sometimes the kids decide to split off and go somewhere else or back to the room to rest.

Regarding the express pass do you still get the ones people say come out of the machine in the lobby of the hotel or is it only the key? How many keys can you get? I have 5 in the family and sometimes the kids decide to split off and go somewhere else or back to the room to rest.

The Unlimited Express Pass staying at RPR, PBH and HRH is your room key. Everyone in family needs to get one on check in. Staff always ask on check in.

Your names will be printed on your key card and there are various Universal characters on them Harry Potter, Kong etc.

There are some scanner card ID machines on some of the lines that take your photo. So if the kiddos don’t keep their assigned cards this will be a problem.

Last edited:
The Unlimited Express Pass staying at RPR, PBH and HRH is your room key. Everyone in family needs to get one on check in. Staff always ask on check in.

Your names will be printed on your key card and there are various Universal characters on them Harry Potter, Kong etc.

There are some scanner card ID machines on some of the lines that take your photo. So if the kiddos don’t keep their assigned cards this will be a problem.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter