Do I need T-rex cafe reservations?

pepperderr

DIS Veteran
I usually come to the DISboards when we are getting ready to go to DW but this time we are going to LEGOLAND. I remember we went into T-Rex café before and took pictures and I think just checked out the gift shop but never ate there. Is it possible to just go in for dessert when we visit DTD or do we still need reservations? We are going in July 2013. It is pricy for this vacation since we are on a tighter budget this time. That is why I am thinking just do dessert. I know my DS would love it and we all love our desserts. Which room do you suggest? Thanks.

pepperderr

Yes, you can go for dessert, but T Rex can get crazy busy. However, if you show up at an 'off' time you may be successful. We were there around 5 pm last summer, and the place was packed. If I were you I would make an ADR to be on the safe side. You can also call them directly to make a reservation.

I checked and right now there are no tables available for any time on July 7, 8 or 9 so I am guessing that means we are out of luck? But we can go in any time just to look around right? Isn't the shop separate from the dining area? I am used to being able to plan this stuff months ahead of time. DS will still like it though. Right now he doesn't know we are planning to go to DTD.

pepperderr

We originally made reservations through the disney website and there wasn't hardly any available (week of July 4- we just took what we could get) so I called the restaurant directly and got ressies for the exact time and day I had originally wanted, no problem. So I promptly cancelled the res. we made through Disney.

Yes call TREX directly. They only release a small amount of ressies to Disney. They have plenty of availabilty if you go through them.

Yes, agree with PP call directly. I tried to book 100 days out on Disney and could not get anything, but my sis called directly and no problem.:thumbsup2

We originally made reservations through the disney website and there wasn't hardly any available (week of July 4- we just took what we could get) so I called the restaurant directly and got ressies for the exact time and day I had originally wanted, no problem. So I promptly cancelled the res. we made through Disney.

Yes call TREX directly. They only release a small amount of ressies to Disney. They have plenty of availabilty if you go through them.

Yes, agree with PP call directly. I tried to book 100 days out on Disney and could not get anything, but my sis called directly and no problem.:thumbsup2

I agree!
I originally made an ADR at Rainforest Café in DTD - then the grandkids decided they wanted to go to T-Rex instead - just 9 days before we're scheduled to be there! Online showed no availability at all, but a phone call got us a reservation with no problem.
Good luck!

We don't have a Landry select card but I will be looking for a coupon for the café. Thanks for that tip! I think I found the phone number by clicking the trip advisors link on the Disney page. I can't find a page just for the T-Rex café. I am wondering what each section is like so I can decide which one to tell them we want to try to sit in if possible. Can we get up and look around after we eat and go into the other sections? Where is the dino dig located? Thanks again. I think I finally found something to surprise DS with as long as I can get the reservations.

pepperderr

T-Rex's phone number is 407-828-8739. I couldn't get ressies for my upcoming trip through Disney, but when I called, I got just the time I wanted. Do call!:cool1:

The Landry club is $25 to join, but they send you a coupon for $25 off your first visit and $25 for your birthday. And you get priority seating!

If you're just wanting dessert and a look around - you can always sit at the bar - we've had good luck with this - kids and adults were sitting there on our last trip...:banana:

It's been quite a while since we came back from Legoland, Dinosaur World and DTD, but I wanted to say thanks for the info. I was able to get reservations by calling direct the day before we were going to be there. I know I never would have done that if you all didn't let me know about that option. DS LOVED the whole T-Rex Cafe experience. I thought it was neat too. We did just have desert We got the chocolate extinction and shared it.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter