Do I need Fantasmic Dinner package for the 1st week of December?

PaulaMurf

If you can't be a good example, at least serve as
We will be at MGM on 12/8 for the afternoon and evening, Do I need to do the Fantasmic Dinner package or is attendance low enough that we dont need to book it?

Usually we go the end of January and never need PS anywhere, but this will be our first time in December.

TIA

Paula in CT
pirate:

I'll be there 12/5-12/11. I have a Fantasmic! package for 12/8 at Hollywood and Vine. For us, low crowds or not, it is worth it. We have a 5 and 3 year old and it is worth it to us to not have to wait more than 30 minutes. I'm thinking Fantasmic! is very popular and usually a wait.princess:

I've been 3 times the first or second week and have never had to do the dinner pkg. we usually get to the show about 30-45 minutes before hand

good luck and have fun - its a perfect time to go

gotta agree w/tink2. would rather have the PS and not need it than need it and can't get it. it is just myself and husband travelling, no little ones. good luck!:tongue:

Thanks!

I also have a DS 3, and my large child of a DH will probably have a harder time waiting the my son. LOL.

Tink2 - we will probably see you there!

Thanks for the info.

Paula in CT

pirate:

We went to Fantasmic last Dec around the same time and walked in about 10 minutes before the start and our seats were closer to the middle than the dinner package section. We had done the dinner before during the same time period and didn't think it was worth it. People were walking in about start time with just as good of seats.

all i will add here is that we have never been to a showing that was not completely full by the time it started. so its a dice roll to not get the pkg

For 12/8 at Hollywood and Vine for 4:20 pm as that was the last available time. So, its early dinner and then Fantasmic. I will let you know after the trip if we needed them or not. Sounds like it will be hit or miss.

Thanks for your responses!

Paula in CT

pirate:

While I have no firsthand experience, I have read on the Boards that you might be able to get a later time, if you so desire, by calling 25 to 30 days prior to your date. I understand that new reservation times open up at about that point. However, I have also read that you should allow 2 hours to eat before Fantasmic, so don't make your reservation for too late!

We're doing the Fantasmic Dinner Package for the 1st time a few days before you - I hope it's good!!!

Originally posted by sunnygirl
While I have no firsthand experience, I have read on the Boards that you might be able to get a later time, if you so desire, by calling 25 to 30 days prior to your date. I understand that new reservation times open up at about that point. However, I have also read that you should allow 2 hours to eat before Fantasmic, so don't make your reservation for too late!

I hope that's true, I tried to get the package for HBD for a couple of dates in early December (I think 12/6 and 12/8) and they were all sold out. It would be great if they open more up!

If you do the dinner package, but there are seats available closer than the reserved section, can you move to the closer seats - or is a blocked off section??

I went 4th of July week and had a 4:30 ressie, called within a month and was able to change the ressie to 6:30. We ate a Mama Melrose's. Delicious dinner, fantastic waitress, relaxing, enjoyable dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter