Do I need Aqua shoes or just beach sandels?

SquirrelsMom

Disney Fan
We are going on the 3-day cruise and I'm wondering whether we will need Aqua shoes (shoes you wear into the water) or if slip on beach sandels will be OK.

In Nassau we will be doing the dolphin swim.

On Castaway Cay we will be on the family beach and will probably do snorkeling, banana boat ride and parasailing.

What do you guys think?

I always wear them at the adult beach. Although the sea surface (beach under the water) seemed to have more sand than it did last time we were there (which was not long after Castaway was hit by a hurricane) the adult beach was very rough. It was quite nice this time but I prefer to keep my feet covered as there are many areas with growing "stuff" (I don't know what it's called but it's more or less grass growing in the sea if you ask me!) and I'd prefer to only step on sand, not anything living be it plant or animal :)

if you can find them at a good $, bring 'em. When we went to Trunk Bay I thought I'd split my foot open on some shell or rock. I didn't, but owie! I snorkeled @ Castaway Cay and you have on the flippers. I brought sandals but preferred my sneaks to walk to the beach. If you've got kiddies, get them the water shoes. You don't want to burn their feet or risk a nasty cut. Be safe, not sorry. Just my opinion...

Kim ºOº

We did the 7-day last summer and bought, packed and carried aqua shoes, did not use one pair. We took the tags off of one, but when i got back i returned the other three. We grew up on the chesapeake bay, I guess we are just use to it. But the shells did not bother our feet.

We used our water shoes at castaway cay. The sand is course and has a lot of sharp shells in it. I would definetly recommend taking them with you.

I usually wear aqua shoes, but the weirdest thing happened while on CC. I was playing with DD on our raft and noticed that there was a school of fish that kept swimming around my hot pink aqua shoes. They were so annoying I finally had to take them off!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one the fish were stalking...didn't think to take my shoes off. I did "yell" in the water and that scared them away for a minute or two. :)

We took ours and were really glad we did. We just wore our aqua shoes off the ship, right into the water and back out again. No fuss with extra shoes. Boy was the adult beach rocky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter