Do I need another 25 direct?

Kenito

Mouseketeer
Sorry, I’m new and I’m sure this has been answered already...but I purchased 75 points SSR direct. My credit card was charged the day before the 100 minimum requirement went into effect (I wasn’t even aware of the change).

Am I ok with my 75 points to keep the ‘perks’ or do I need to add on another 25 points?

If so, I probably won’t do it. I didn’t do my homework very well in the first place. I was all excited about the annual pas discount...only realizing too late that no discount is offered for the premier passport (I live in San Diego). Oh well, maybe I can eat myself to death with free ice cream bars at those moonlight things to make up the difference...if I’m even eligible.

Sorry, I’m new and I’m sure this has been answered already...but I purchased 75 points SSR direct. My credit card was charged the day before the 100 minimum requirement went into effect (I wasn’t even aware of the change).

Am I ok with my 75 points to keep the ‘perks’ or do I need to add on another 25 points?

If so, I probably won’t do it. I didn’t do my homework very well in the first place. I was all excited about the annual pas discount...only realizing too late that no discount is offered for the premier passport (I live in San Diego). Oh well, maybe I can eat myself to death with free ice cream bars at those moonlight things to make up the difference...if I’m even eligible.

If you log into your member account click on your membership card. It will either be blue or white. Blue will mean full benefits. I think it should be blue.

You should be good especially if you were charged prior to the change kicking in. They grandfather in the status of the current members when they made this change (and all prior changes). They don't have to but they have.

As for the discount do you want/need an annual pass to WDW? If so you still got a good deal because with DLR Flex Pass and WDW Gold Pass it is still a large savings and covers DLR and WDW for most of the days of the year. I've only heard nothing but awesome reviews on the Flex Pass, wish I could do it but with a 30 day only reservation window travel across the country too much risk for me. But if I was local its the pass I'd get for DLR.

You should be good especially if you were charged prior to the change kicking in. They grandfather in the status of the current members when they made this change (and all prior changes). They don't have to but they have.

As for the discount do you want/need an annual pass to WDW? If so you still got a good deal because with DLR Flex Pass and WDW Gold Pass it is still a large savings and covers DLR and WDW for most of the days of the year. I've only heard nothing but awesome reviews on the Flex Pass, wish I could do it but with a 30 day only reservation window travel across the country too much risk for me. But if I was local its the pass I'd get for DLR.

I do need both DLR and WDW passes. But that’s a very good idea ...the Flex and the Gold. That’ll make me feel better about the extra $4,715 I spent on direct ($160/pt.) vs. what I’ve been adding on resale ($97/pt.). Thanks!

I do need both DLR and WDW passes. But that’s a very good idea ...the Flex and the Gold. That’ll make me feel better about the extra $4,715 I spent on direct ($160/pt.) vs. what I’ve been adding on resale ($97/pt.). Thanks!

Yes, if you don’t need parking at DL then that combo works, And even if you need parking the cheapest passes that still work for you at each location will usually be cheaper than the 2 coast pass. And you can stagger the purchases in a way that might allow more utilization than with a single pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter