do I need a new travel agent?

laughingmama

Earning My Ears
I am trying to book a package with resort, tickets and dining for early January -- my travel agent (at AAA) keeps telling me she will let me know when the packages are available (and I know they don't have the package rates up yet) -- but should she be reserving me a room and then converting my room to a package later? Does she know what she's talking about?

I can reserve a room myself, but I'd like to get the AAA discount on the package if I can?

I also asked her if it would be possible to add another adult to our package later (aunt might come) and she said she thought we'd need another room, which I don't think is right? Right now, we'll have 2 adults, a five year old and a baby in the room.

I hate being too pushy, and this is who AAA put me with, but I don't want to mess up my reservations...

I booked my room only (I have days left over from last year) trip using my AAA discount directly through Disney. You can call Disney directly and book AAA trips, although I am not sure about package deals (sorry).
As for needing another room, I am not sure on that either, but if the baby will be in a crib, then you shouldn't have a problem. Three adults and the 5 yo in beds, and the baby in a crib.

My suggestion is to call and ask Disney directly. If the CM you talk to seems confused or doesn;t seem to know answers right away, either ask to speak to someone else, or hang up and call back. Unfortunately, not all of the phone reps are fountains of knowledge.

And yes I do think your TA should be booking rooms now and then the package later. There is no guarantee you will get a package deal and the AAA discounts do run out (volume wise that is).

Good luck and have fun!!!

How early in January?

If you are going to be there during the marathon I would get a room ressie now! I will be using my AAA discount but I am using Melissa @ Magical Journeys to handle all the arrangements - So far she is awesome and I have read a ton of positive reviews for MJ.

I have had a room only ressie since March, mainly because we arrive on 1/1 when resorts are full and stay thru Marathon weekend when resorts fill back up.

laughingmama said:
we're going 1/1 through 1/6 -- is that the marathon?

how do I get in touch with MJ?

;)
Yep, that be the Marathon weekend. We check in on the 1st also.

There are a number of agents with MJ. They work out of their homes and come with a ton of good recommendations. Their website is at: www.yourmagicaljourneys.com

I use Melissa and she can be reached via e-mail at: Melissa@magicaljourneys.com

I have also spoken with her on the phone and she is great, very knowledgeable and patient with my bazillion questions. She is quick to respond to my e-mails and I have been making payments thru her. She keeps my Credit Card on file and I just shoot her off an e-mail on when to make a payment and how much.

Tell her Melissa in Nevada sent you. I would definately get a room, the Values and the Mods go fast.......

My ressie is booked thru MJ directly with Disney. They are also a Disney approved travel co.

You can also call Disney and book direct with them, however you will be responsible for tracking the discounts and letting them know when to apply. By using MJ they track the discounts for me and will apply them automatically as they become available.

Good Luck

ooh, thanks so much! I really felt this woman at AAA wasnt' very knowledgable, but I thought it was the only way to use my AAA discount.
:bounce:

We tried to book through AAA and it was just an awful experience, the agent we had was just so rude like a WDW reservation wasnt worth her time. We just booked through disney in the end and got the disc that way.

My AAA agent booked mine 15 months in advance and told me she would change package for any possible discounts that may apply between booking date and departure date. She asked for my ADR's months in advance and then mailed our confirmation when she had made all of our ADR's. I would look for someone else or call WDW directly and ask for the AAA rate. I don't think you're getting the service you should. There are too many agencies out there that want your business and they can apply AAA rate. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter