Do I have to buy my 2-yr-old a park ticket?

Originally posted by mermaidwannabe
I thought I had heard that children 3 and under are free. Is that just for the hotels and buffets?
Actually, it's under 3 for the park tickets (so you don't need a park ticket for your 2 year old until he/she turns 3). Childen under 3 are also free at the buffets. Believe children's rate for buffets is for ages 3 - 12, but I'm not 100% positive on that.

A child's park ticket is for ages 3 - 9. Kids need adult tickets when they turn 10.

There is no additional room/hotel charge for children under 18 (assuming they are staying with one or two adults in the same room).

Best wishes -

We are planning on taking my daughter for her third birthday. If she is 2 for part of the trip and then turns 3... what do we do?

I want to do things legally.... but am not sure what to do with the age change.

Thanks!
Kristy

If you start the trip and she is two, and turns 3 while there, you do not need to buy her a park ticket.

Great! That's good news that I won't have to fork out another couple hundred bucks. Thanks for the replies!

Not just buffets, but any "family style" or pre-plated meal (most character meals, and a few others).

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter