Do DVC members ever get pin codes?

ems_mom

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering...we are in the borrowing rather than banking mode and a pin at a non DVC resort would be nice. Our first onsite stays were non DVC but the last 2+ years have been DVC only.

Does this mean we are no longer eligible or perhaps not on the "list" for codes?

I haven't had a cash resort stay in about 4 years, and I still get PIN codes. Maybe once or twice a year.

I have been getting PIN codes every couple of months over the last year. It has been so tempting, lol. These have been for WDW, DL and DCL (kids free, no kids indicated in our profile, lol.)

PJ

My twelve year old daughter just received a pin code in the mail! I have never received one though.
We had to bank and borrow for our Aug '08 trip/cruise. So for our Aug'09 trip we used the promo for fee dining and stayed at a value resort.
It wasn't bad but not as nice as the DVC resorts.

I never got them UNTIL I joined DVC. Now I get them every couple of months. Go figure.

I received several PIN code offers after we requested our DVD from Di$ney, but none since we became DVCers (after our March '09 visit when we did the DVC tour).

-Kevin

What is PIN please?

Personal Identification Number. In this context, it is an email or postcard recevied by an individual (by name) that gives them an exclusive discount offer at Disney. It is a unique code by individual, that allow only the named individual to book the discount. (Which is great for the pp's 12 yo)

We never get PIN codes. My son and I took advantage of the free dining last November (generally available). I'm hoping that stay will put us back in the system to get PINs, but since we used a TA, I somehow doubt we will. We did book a bounce back offer for next November at the end of our stay.

We've owned DVC since '02, and have never received a pin code. However, since we buy APs, we do receive the AP discounts which are available at slow times. We've used them for a few extra nights when we've already had a DVC reservation but, of course, that involves moving from one resort to another. When we found ourselves in the borrowing mode, we solved the problem by adding points, but that only solved the problem temporarily because I retired from teaching a year ago, and more adding on became "necessary". I must remind myself about using the AP codes next time I feel we need to add-on again.:)

I'm just wondering...we are in the borrowing rather than banking mode and a pin at a non DVC resort would be nice. Our first onsite stays were non DVC but the last 2+ years have been DVC only.

Does this mean we are no longer eligible or perhaps not on the "list" for codes?

The part bolded above describes us as well.

However, last year when they were having the free dining promo, we went on the regular WDW website and requested the vacation planning DVD - shortly after that we received pin codes! So you might try that approach and see if any come your way.:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter