Do Disney travel agents get you better deals??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. The quotes are similar to what I've found online.

I'm glad you asked. I was wondering the same thing. The quotes are similar to what I've found online.

All I know is the last time I stayed at the Poly... Disney was charging $442 per night. I used a travel agent and booked the same room for $189 per night. I saved over a thousand dollars. Plus the park hoppers were discounted too. Also a free day at the water parks.

I haven't used them in the past, I combined already discounted room (at AoA) on Orbitz with a 15% off coupon code. It doesn't look like Orbitz is doing discounted rooms so I'm definitely looking into a TA for our next trip!

All I know is the last time I stayed at the Poly... Disney was charging $442 per night. I used a travel agent and booked the same room for $189 per night. I saved over a thousand dollars. Plus the park hoppers were discounted too. Also a free day at the water parks.
same agency I am using, but not at the Poly. The TA deals enabled me to stay within my budget when FD was not an option.

Being an old TA, I am partial to them. Disney tends to discount resort dates as the time gets nearer. Disney expert Travel Agents know this and are on the phone to get their client a better price, without asking.

I think most of the deep discounts it is at certain times a year when a certain agency books as a group. Most times thought agencies will have the same rates.

I've used the travel agency alluded to in this thread three times. The deals are excellent. There are some restrictions, though:
  • Rooms are booked as a convention/group rate.
  • Only certain room categories are available, usually only standard, although they do have Club Level. Have not seen upgraded rooms such as Preferred or Water View.
  • Only certain hotels are available. For example, AoA has never been available. AKL is pretty rare.
  • Only certain dates are available. This year they have a lot more dates than in the past.
  • They are booked as "room only" not as a MYW package.
  • Tickets booked through them are convention tickets for up to 8 days. They cannot be upgraded onsite to anything, so you cannot add days, add PH, or upgrade them to AP. All changes (adding PH, WP&M, adding days) have to be done prior to your check-in date by your TA.
  • If you are interested in adding the QSDP, DDP or DxDP, it's only available to be added (at the full cost) on some dates.
  • And, of course, any modifications, changes or cancellations have to be done through your TA.
I had a FD package booked as a bounceback and I cancelled it once this TA released the promotions for 2016 (I only booked it in case the agency somehow did not have the deals again). If you are staying deluxe, you will do very well with this agency. My past discounts have been 40% (this year) through 50% (two years ago for Labor Day).

Whi
I've used the travel agency alluded to in this thread three times. The deals are excellent. There are some restrictions, though:
  • Only certain room categories are available, usually only standard, although they do have Club Level. Have not seen upgraded rooms such as Preferred or Water View.
  • Only certain hotels are available. For example, AoA has never been available. AKL is pretty rare.
  • Only certain dates are available. This year they have a lot more dates than in the past.
  • Tickets booked through them are convention tickets for up to 8 days. They cannot be upgraded onsite to anything, so you cannot add days, add PH, or upgrade them to AP. All changes (adding PH, WP&M, adding days) have to be done prior to your check-in date by your TA.
  • If you are interested in adding the QSDP, DDP or DxDP, it's only available to be added (at the full cost) on some dates.
  • And, of course, any modifications, changes or cancellations have to be done through your TA.
I had a FD package booked as a bounceback and I cancelled it once this TA released the promotions for 2016 (I only booked it in case the agency somehow did not have the deals again). If you are staying deluxe, you will do very well with this agency. My past discounts have been 40% (this year) through 50% (two years ago for Labor Day).
ch travel angency?

thanks for this post. several members on this thread and another one have questioned the deals we are getting from this TA. almost sounding like we must be making it up!

Whi

ch travel angency?
This Board is sponsored by a travel agency, so we are not allowed to post the name of competitors. I want to make sure we stay within the guidelines. This agency is famous for deals during holidays, especially one particular holiday, so if you search for disney world travel deals during holidays you may find it.

thanks for this post. several members on this thread and another one have questioned the deals we are getting from this TA. almost sounding like we must be making it up!
I think it's because the focus on Disboards is usually on deals offered by Disney - like FD - but they may not be the best deal out there. The purpose of my post was to give a little bit of info about how if you are flexible with dates, resorts, tickets and don't necessarily need the DDP, you may be able to do much better. But, if you come in thinking I need to stay at AoA, and I need a particular room category, and I need the dining plan, and I may want to upgrade my ticket onsite, well then, this agency won't save you a penny since its convention rates are very specific.

I was always curious as to whether a TA could save you money or not on a package deal. I got a quote for POLY and BC that were about 20% better than I could do on my own, saving about $500. As an additional benefit, they will give you a lower price if WDW offers one, so you really can't lose. I know to always at least get a quote from them before booking anything on my own. Can't hurt!

We just got back from another wonderful 9 day stay booked thru the agency exclusive TA whom I've been using for the last few years and our room rate at the BC this year was $191 + tx, about a 52% savings! Definitely cannot get that type of discount anywhere else :).

Please PM me the name of your travel agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter