Do Disney travel agents get you better deals??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVU Disney Fan

Mouseketeer
So far I've got quotes online from 5-6 Disney travel agencies and everytime the price was exactly same as just booking online myself. Seen several people on here mention getting great discounts through travel agents. Curious if they are exlcusive to booking with a specific travel agent or just agent getting same deal you could get yourself if you just pay attention??

Looking to go back in oct 2017 to stay at poly or port riverside

If an agency books some group space with group rates, they may be able to save you more money. If not, most of the Disney centered travel agencies will book you at the current rate and then change your reservation to a lower rate when any discounts are announced. Or, they should keep checking for the discount to open up if it isn't available at first. It took about 3 months for what I wanted to open up, but my agent did check every day and finally got it for me.

we are booked for our November trip with a Disney TA, had hoped for FD, but our dates do not qualify. We have a package with a TA that has exclusive deals with Disney. hotel, QSDP, PH tickets at much cheaper than I could have gotten directly with Disney. + a one day pass to a water park. The agency has deals for different resorts based on travel dates. We are booked at ASSP. Some DIS Board members have gotten amazing rates of up to 50% off Deluxe resorts.

Does anyone have a travel agent they recommend? I heard of ones through WDWRadio and AllEarsNet, but I wasn't sure if they are able to get you such great deals.

We only see a value in oversees booking with a TA. So much easier and quicker doing it yourself I just going to Orlando. Just an opinion

Does anyone have a travel agent they recommend?
I would certainly recommend DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com. That's the site owned by Pete and John (and one other person) who also run this site and produce the DIS Unplugged Podcast.

Following! I haven't even thought of looking at all the "other" travel agents, I was either going to do myself or go through AAA.

Well I for one would recommend Dreams Unlimited Travel! Booking through them will get you great information, current deals, and discounts from very nice people who are local to the parks, are frequent visitors to them all and can judge the current conditions better than you can scanning sites and newspapers from far away!

Keep in mind that AAA no longer has an association with Disney. They used to have special packages, preferred parking, etc., but that's no longer the case.

Thank you! I had no idea. Considering I call like 3 weeks ago for a quote and was told they would get back to me by Saturday... (That was Saturday 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them) But, I just requested a quote from Dreams Unlimited! If I can get a good deal, and not have to do it all by myself - that be awesome.

I got a 55% discount at the Poly. Much bigger discount than other travel agents were offering. I don't understand though why all the large travel agents don't do the group bookings that would allow them to sell the rooms at a huge discount. I find it very hard to believe that Disney only lets one travel agent sell the rooms at such a large discount. Doesn't seem fair in my opinion.

I recently requested quotes from two agencies and was give the exact same price as the WDW website. There's no value there for me.

Check out CheapTickets.com or search CheapTickets promotion codes. Currently, they have 18% off with the current code and they seem to run codes all the time that they actually tell you about on their website. I had great results in June with a code and it beat every other price I could find, including Disney. It was easy to use. You see your bottom-line total before you agree to it. Their customer service was great when I had trouble linking my reservation to MyDisneyExperience. But I will say "however," ...However we were booking room only, not a package. We had our tickets, agenda and we were not in need of a TA for other things. Booking this way only gives you a reservation, not the services that a TA can give you, so keep that in mind!!! It depends on your needs for the trip!

If you haven't been on cheaptickets website before, I hope the following will help you navigate it more quickly...
On the site, as your search criteria enter "Walt Disney World Resorts," your dates, etc. It will give usually the lowest price you can find on the internet for WDW resorts, etc.
Next, select your resort. Select the room type. The next page will give you a total cost. On the left under Payment click on "Enter a Coupon Code or Promotion Code." Once done, be sure to hit Apply Coupon, because just hitting enter won't work. You don't have to enter your credit card info to see your total!!

I hope you find a rate you're happy with. I know it makes my vacation seem better when I feel I got the best rate possible. So compare compare compare...have fun planning!

I got a 55% discount at the Poly. Much bigger discount than other travel agents were offering. I don't understand though why all the large travel agents don't do the group bookings that would allow them to sell the rooms at a huge discount. I find it very hard to believe that Disney only lets one travel agent sell the rooms at such a large discount. Doesn't seem fair in my opinion.
Which travel agent did you book with

I started out going with an agent, but the prices were no better than I could get myself. Convenience was the primary factor. However, this time I got a tip from another DISer, and tried a different TA, and got an amazing deal. I wish I had found them a few years ago... but he has my business for sure now. I will always check with him first.

ETA: One downside to booking with a TA is that you can't call Disney directly about your reservation... but as long as you have an engaged, responsive TA, that shouldn't be a problem.

Check out CheapTickets.com or search CheapTickets promotion codes. Currently, they have 18% off with the current code and they seem to run codes all the time that they actually tell you about on their website. I had great results in June with a code and it beat every other price I could find, including Disney. It was easy to use. You see your bottom-line total before you agree to it. Their customer service was great when I had trouble linking my reservation to MyDisneyExperience. But I will say "however," ...However we were booking room only, not a package. We had our tickets, agenda and we were not in need of a TA for other things. Booking this way only gives you a reservation, not the services that a TA can give you, so keep that in mind!!! It depends on your needs for the trip!

Whenever I've tried to get a quote on a room for POR from CheapTickets, they tell me there are no rooms available. No matter WHAT dates I put in! I don't know if they don't have access to ALL the inventory (the WDW website will show available rooms) or what their deal is.

So far I've got quotes online from 5-6 Disney travel agencies and everytime the price was exactly same as just booking online myself. Seen several people on here mention getting great discounts through travel agents. Curious if they are exlcusive to booking with a specific travel agent or just agent getting same deal you could get yourself if you just pay attention??

Looking to go back in oct 2017 to stay at poly or port riverside

From what I've gathered, Travel Agents basically get the very same prices that we do, but they have more access to discount and coupon codes throughout the year. Once they get a code, they apply it to your account for you and get you a better deal and can refund you the money saved. They kind of just help you take a load off of your vacation planning and relax a bit. Travel agents can help make dining reservations and also handle fast pass reservations, at least the one I talked with did. Their company gets money from Disney and their services are free to us-the consumers.

As far as staying at Poly, I would recommend renting DVC points from Dave's rentals. You get the rooms must cheaper than the rates online for non-members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!