Do any of the off-site hotels provide race day transportation (Star Wars)?

Barefoot Princess

Mouseketeer
So I'm thiiiiiiis close to convincing my DH to run the Star Wars 10K with me in 2020. But I was rather upset that Disney set the race dates during the "Easter" season. Disney resort rates are way higher than usual, even for value, plus the airfare will be higher than normal for us. In order to convince my DH, I'd like to cut the cost wherever possible. So I'm looking into offsite hotels for their lower rates, but do any of them provide race day transportation to Star Wars race for 10K? If we rent a car, that will add the rental cost and the resort parking which defeats the purpose of saving money by staying off site. We've never done Uber/Lyft and plus will everyone else be thinking the same thing and it will be harder to get the ride??
Any advice will be appreciated!

Darkside is always in April. It moves depending on when Easter is so as not to be on actual Easter weekend. Only on site hotels off transportation early enough to make it to the races. With off site, you either have to drive or take uber. I don't think it will be overly hard to get a ride that early. Uber/lyft is super easy to use. I would seriously consider staying on site as magical express, race day transportation and transportation during the rest of your stay will factor into the cost.

Yeah there aren't really any good options here. Someone else can chime in about Uber/Lyft but no matter what you're spending a decent amount of money, it's either on-site (looks like it starts at around 185 plus tax) or off-site+car rental+parking. I've been looking at offsite hotels too but given the extra costs I might just eat it and go with on-site, only reason I would need a car in that case is for a day at Universal.

It’s such a dilemma this year - it doesn’t usually fall in the highest DVC point chart or Easter Resort pricing...we have decisions to make...we don’t have enough points to stay at BLT for this trip in a 1 bedroom but we could stay at a few other resorts - gonna decide in a few days if we will be using the points or dealing with something offsite or value 😩

Just curious, what are the host resorts for the rundisney weekend in April that provide transportation? Does anyone know? Might try to get in on this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!