Do any DCL Cat 8A (2 Porthole Windows) have split bath?

briarrose1

Disney Fanatic Since 1995♥
I thought I had read that all Cat 8A w/2 portholes only have 1 traditional bath and not the split bathroom?

Am on Disney website and it said "some" have split bath--just wondering if you pros have any info.

Thanks!:cutie:

We were in 6514 and it didn't have a split bath, it also didn't have a privacy curtain but did have a lovely pole in the middle of the cabin :)

I think all the 8a's on deck 6 might not have the split bath but not sure about the ones on deck 5 as they are set up differently and only sleep 3 per cabin.

I'm no expert, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that none of them have a split bath. Some have a small bathroom with a tub and the rest have a Handicap accessible bathroom with a large shower and no tub.

I've done a lot of research into 8a's and have 5520 booked for a cruise next year. Despite the fact that there is no split bath I am SO excited.
If you are a group of 3 (or less) definitely look into rooms 5520, 5522, 5020 and 5022. They are the ones with the dividing wall and two tv's. From what I can work out from my research on the Dream, I think 5520 and 5020 are slighty better than 5522 and 5022 because of the placement of the desk and couch. I'm travelling on the Fantasy (I'm struggling to find pics of 8A rooms on this ship), so am hoping the room layout is identical to the Dream.
I have emailed Disney and requested no upgrade. I would prefer this large room to one with a verandah. Just so you know, however, they seem to book out very quickly, so you need to get in early.

WanderlustNZ said:
I'm no expert, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that none of them have a split bath. Some have a small bathroom with a tub and the rest have a Handicap accessible bathroom with a large shower and no tub.

I've done a lot of research into 8a's and have 5520 booked for a cruise next year. Despite the fact that there is no split bath I am SO excited.
If you are a group of 3 (or less) definitely look into rooms 5520, 5522, 5020 and 5022. They are the ones with the dividing wall and two tv's. From what I can work out from my research on the Dream, I think 5520 and 5020 are slighty better than 5522 and 5022 because of the placement of the desk and couch. I'm travelling on the Fantasy (I'm struggling to find pics of 8A rooms on this ship), so am hoping the room layout is identical to the Dream.
I have emailed Disney and requested no upgrade. I would prefer this large room to one with a verandah. Just so you know, however, they seem to book out very quickly, so you need to get in early.

Thanks for sharing your research! I'm interested in these cabins, too. They look great!

We stayed in 5520 on Fantasy in August and it was great. So spacious. Our son really had his own space. No split bath but its doable with 3 people, we thought.

Oops...5522!

Are the 8As on deck 6 the ones with the pole versus the wall?

briarrose1 said:
I thought I had read that all Cat 8A w/2 portholes only have 1 traditional bath and not the split bathroom?

Am on Disney website and it said "some" have split bath--just wondering if you pros have any info.

Thanks!:cutie:

Here are the list of the Cat 8A double porthole rooms on the Dream/Fantasy (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

shburks said:
We stayed in 5520 on Fantasy in August and it was great. So spacious. Our son really had his own space. No split bath but its doable with 3 people, we thought.

Oops...5522!

Are the 8As on deck 6 the ones with the pole versus the wall?

How wonderful! I don't suppose you have any pics you would be keen to share? Photos of the Fantasy's four 8A "mini-suites" seem to be rare on the internet.

Also, can I just confirm that that room had two TVs like on the Dream? Did you find that the wall (despite not extending all the way across) did an okay job of keeping the TV noise to one side of the room. The two areas and two TVs appeal to me in that my DS can watch cartoons in the morning while we have a lie in, and we can watch a movie in the evening while he sleeps. I'm not expecting silence, I'm just curious how the noise travels.

Also, on the topic of noise, did you find you got much noise from the Teen club down the hall? That was probably my only worry about these rooms - the possibility of teenagers talking loudly as they walk back to their room in the evening.

Thanks so much :-)

triciari said:
Thanks for sharing your research! I'm interested in these cabins, too. They look great!

You're most welcome. :-)
I can't wait to try out this cabin. It's as close as my budget will stretch to a mini suite.

Silverfox97 said:
This thread has a lot of pics
E
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2696288

Search Google for Dream 8A and you'll get a lot. They are identical to the Fantasy.

Cheers. I've been able to find heaps of pics of the 4 cabins on the Dream, but Fantasy pics seem to be pretty scarce.

On the Dream two of the four cabins (5520, 5020) have the sofa up against the dividing wall and an extra long desk opposite. The other two (5522, 5022) have a shorter desk against the dividing wall and the sofa on the wall opposite. While, in the bigger scheme of things, I'd be happy in any of the 4 cabins, I'd be slightly happier with the first layout. More storage in the desk and the position of the couch makes the two areas a bit more private (i.e the person on the couch can't see the master bed area when lying down).

The reason I'd love to see some pics of Fantasy rooms is because I'm curious if this couch/desk layout is the same. If, like you say, they are identical to the Dream, I'll be happy.

Here are the list of the Cat 8A double porthole rooms on the Dream/Fantasy (HA = Handicap access).

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

Thanks everybody for the great info! Silverfox-wow:cool1: This info is getting bookmarked in my Disney file for sure.

I wanted this info especially for my brother w/his 3 kids under 6 for future cruises. We can takes 1 or 2 of the kids in our room as we'll be nearby. This room with the wall seems great! The pole--I can see someone going right into it!:upsidedow

I really like the link... I have found here so many information, I'll share this to my friends...

I really like the link... I have found here so many information, I'll share this to my friends...

How wonderful! I don't suppose you have any pics you would be keen to share? Photos of the Fantasy's four 8A "mini-suites" seem to be rare on the internet.

Also, can I just confirm that that room had two TVs like on the Dream? Did you find that the wall (despite not extending all the way across) did an okay job of keeping the TV noise to one side of the room. The two areas and two TVs appeal to me in that my DS can watch cartoons in the morning while we have a lie in, and we can watch a movie in the evening while he sleeps. I'm not expecting silence, I'm just curious how the noise travels.

Also, on the topic of noise, did you find you got much noise from the Teen club down the hall? That was probably my only worry about these rooms - the possibility of teenagers talking loudly as they walk back to their room in the evening.

Thanks so much :-)

I'm so sorry I didn't see this before! We definitely had two TVs and didn't really find the noise between sides to be a big issue, but we were travelling with an 8 year old who gets up early!

We had absolutely NO NOISE from outside the cabin--nothing from the hallway at all and only occasionally from below (one of the theaters) for a short time during the later show. IIRC, only the HA entrance to the Vibe is on this deck and it's on the other side of the ship.

Here's 6514 from the Fantasy, we sailed last week, April 20th. Also my MIL had connecting room 6512 but didn't get pics of that room.

None of the 8A staterooms have a split bath. A couple of them do not even have a bathtub.

The "mini-suites" with the wall only sleep 3, so families of 4 or more will not be able to book them.

I was in one on the Dream and noticed no noise from the teen club whatsover but a bit of vibration from the theater (on Deck 5). The wall in the stateroom is not a full wall and will not block noise on one side of the room from reaching the other side.

Here's 6514 from the Fantasy, we sailed last week, April 20th. Also my MIL had connecting room 6512 but didn't get pics of that room.

Thanks for the pictures :cheer2: We are sailing in November in 6510, which I assume will be very similar. These rooms look amazing! I can totally live with the bathroom set-up to have the extra space!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!