Do ADR’s really fill up at 60 days?

Another thought is that we don't eat at the usual times--for example, dinner at 4:30, lunch at 2, etc. Also, it's odd but I'll select "Dinner" on the drop-down menu, and it won't show anything--but if I select, say, 4:30, I'll have a selection of times. Or, vice-versa. It doesn't seem to have rhyme or reason.

After a while this morning I was able to get almost everything I wanted. I don't know how non-resort guests are getting any decent reservation slots.

Why after all these years, if the Disney booking website so glitchy? Search one minute, nothing, hit refresh, dozens of reservations show up!!! It's not just COVID, it's been bad for years!

Maybe the supposed "Genie" app (I just can't even get my mind around using *another* tool plan a Disney trip and the training that will take my mind which works on Disney-autopilot!) will improve things.

After a while this morning I was able to get almost everything I wanted. I don't know how non-resort guests are getting any decent reservation slots.
We aren’t. This morning I was able to get the last lunch time slot at Sanaa. I had several options for Whispering Canyon breakfast and Tony’s Town Square lunch but nothing else. I’m hoping for Crystal Palace at closing when those are posted. I’ll try tomorrow for Beaches and Cream then just keep trying until we leave to come home.

We aren’t. This morning I was able to get the last lunch time slot at Sanaa. I had several options for Whispering Canyon breakfast and Tony’s Town Square lunch but nothing else. I’m hoping for Crystal Palace at closing when those are posted. I’ll try tomorrow for Beaches and Cream then just keep trying until we leave to come home.
Beaches & Cream was EXTREMELY hard to get...I got one for our last full day, later on in the afternoon. Good luck, keep trying. I still want to score an Oga's Cantina, that seems to be the holy grail of reservations at the moment.

Sorry to jump into the middle of this conversation, but do resort guests somehow get priority over non-resort guests? And if so, does the reservation system recognize the difference?

Yes, some could even fill up at the 60days +10 days window for resort guests..

We had an upcoming split stay reservation, but for purposes of ADR I made the first hotel reservation to cover the full dates of both stays so that I could made all the AdR’s at the same time, then I adjusted the dates to reflect the split stay.

With Disney Springs restaurants, it can also pay to check OpenTable or contact the restaurant directly rather than relying only on the Disney site. Disney told me nothing was available at The Boathouse, while OpenTable gave me plenty of options.
This is what I did and you dont have to wait for any window to open up either.

Sorry to jump into the middle of this conversation, but do resort guests somehow get priority over non-resort guests? And if so, does the reservation system recognize the difference?

Yes. If you're staying at a Disney resort, you can book your dining reservations for the entire length of your stay when it's 60 days from your check in day.

For example, let's say you're checking in to All-Star Movies on Friday, June 11, and you're staying for 4 nights. That would mean today you could book your dining reservations for June 11, June 12, June 13, June 14, and June 15. This works for up to a 10 night stay, which is why some people refer to it as a 60+10 rule.

Yes... most definitely

I make a list, by day and meal time - and alternates one's you will be happy with if you can't get your first choice .... If we have something special say for anniversary or birthday dinner, then I start with that first.

If you don't succeed with first go around, you have to be diligent and keep trying, over and over, keep checking, you never know what someone is going to cancel a ADR, so being persistent is key...

Good Luck to you!!!

I was online at 5:45 a.m. Saturday and couldn't get my first choice for MK at 60 days out. There were only four times available for our second choice. I guess fewer openings & social distancing means more people trying to get reservations with less availability. We only got our first choice at Disney Springs, second choice at EPCOT & MK, and no choice at DHS & AK. We'll just eat counter service or get extra snacks. I will occasionally check for openings at DHS & AK because people do cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter