DME and RAC....FAQs

la79al

DIS Veteran
Say we fly in on a Saturday but our Disney adventure doesn't start until Sunday. Any chance we can still catch DME from the airport that Sunday morning?

Fangorn

DIS Veteran
WHEN you fly in (or even IF you FLY) is irrelevant. You are entitled to a trip from MCO to your resort, and a trip from your resort to MCO any time between your check in day and check out day (inclusive). If your resort stay begins on Sunday, then that is the first day you can use DME. You wouldn't be allowed to use it on Saturday.

If you're arriving on Saturday, I assume you're starting somewhere that night. Just make your DME reservation for Sunday (I'd suggest calling them at 866 599-0951 to make that reservation). If you call, just tell them what time you plan on arriving back at MCO. It's very simple.

Just don't call Disney reservations about it. They really won't be able to help you much, and are likely to give you completely erroneous information.

Steve

chris4disney

DIS Veteran
For the trip back to MCO, does the DME bus currently pick you up 3 hours or 4 hours prior to our flight time?

Also, if our flight is supposed to land at MCO at 9:43pm, do you recommend that we get our own bags at baggage claim? I'm pretty sure the cut off is 10:00pm for DME to get our bags for us and 9:43pm is just cutting it too close for my comfort.

• shoreward

DIS Veteran
    For the trip back to MCO, does the DME bus currently pick you up 3 hours or 4 hours prior to our flight time?

Also, if our flight is supposed to land at MCO at 9:43pm, do you recommend that we get our own bags at baggage claim? I'm pretty sure the cut off is 10:00pm for DME to get our bags for us and 9:43pm is just cutting it too close for my comfort.
    The pick-up time for heading back to MCO will be a minimum of three hours (for domestic flights), before your flight's scheduled departure.

I agree on baggage and would claim it at the carousel and bring along on the bus. Even if your flight arrives on schedule, it takes time to unload the bags and transfer them over to the landside baggage area. After deplaning, it takes me a minimum of 10 -15 minutes to get to the carousel, and then I wait at least another 10 minutes until my luggage is on the belt. So, that's at least 20 minutes, from the time the flight lands, until the bags are available.

kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    But before 10 PM, all yellow-tagged luggage is pulled before any luggage from a given flight gets into the carousel. Anybody is absolutely free and welcome to collect their own luggage. Passengers can even tag it, then still swing by luggage pickup and see if yellow-tagged bags are showing up.

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
    If we get our own bags from JetBlue - no yellow tags used
    If we land at 9:30 PM - then our luggage will not be in our hands till 10 PM
    Then walking up and down to the other side of MCO to DME - and maybe getting a snack
    We will not be at the DME check-in area till about 10:45 PM with our luggage

Do we decide on DME bus time to POFQ - our do the DME people do it ?
    Should I call DME and confirm what time we want a bus ride to POFQ ?

kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    DME decides, based on when you check in at the counter, plus available buses, plus where each party is going.

• Deanna Heier

Earning My Ears
    Does the ME bus stop at multiple resorts or is there 1 bus for each resort?

I was assuming they stop at multiple resorts. If so, are you allowed to depart the bus at a different resort than the one you are staying at or do they force you off at your hotel stay location?

shoreward

DIS Veteran
    Does the ME bus stop at multiple resorts or is there 1 bus for each resort?

I was assuming they stop at multiple resorts. If so, are you allowed to depart the bus at a different resort than the one you are staying at or do they force you off at your hotel stay location?
    Each bus normally makes multiple stops, coming from MCO. As long as you don't have any bags or strollers stowed below by the driver, you should be able to get off at another stop. The belongings are stowed by the driver according to resort. Even with that, I would think there would not be a problem exiting at a different resort, but might give the driver a little extra tip.

FYI - just be sure you know which other resorts are on your bus, as the stops can vary, based on demand for each resort.

D0ktaa

Earning My Ears
    We are flying MCO-ATL-LAX-BNE(Brisbane Australia) on Delta (single ticket, so I believe our luggage should be tagged with the final destination being BNE) would this be classified as international or domestic for using RAC?

scard192

DIS Veteran
    With Delta (for any who use them), you can go on and enter your bags at the time you check-in, this they can see. Online check-in process knows if you have free bags or not.
    thanks for this. Just signed up for the Amex Delta Skymiles credit card and get one free checked bag. Delta told me because the family is on the same reservation with me, we all get one free checked bag.

• AngiTN

DIS Veteran
    thanks for this. Just signed up for the Amex Delta Skymiles credit card and get one free checked bag. Delta told me because the family is on the same reservation with me, we all get one free checked bag.
    Yep, as long as you are all on the reservation with the card holder. Important in case you ever book for others, and don't fly. Doesn't matter who books, it is all about who flies.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates