DME and RAC....FAQs

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chip 'n Dale Express, Oct 27, 2005.

1. RolloTomasi

RolloTomasi Mouseketeer

Thanks! One less thing for my To Do list!

2. Iowamomof4

Iowamomof4 DIS Veteran

Two questions:
    1. We are flying SW and have EBCI (though maybe that doesn't really matter). Will RAC be able to print our boarding passes for us? I don't want to rely on a digital boarding pass on the app or anything like that.

2. Do we tip the RAC people who take our bags? People have said it's similar to checking your bags curbside at the airport, which I think they expect a tip, so I wasn't sure.

Thank you!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

1. They can and do. There are many reports of the TSA checkpoints not being able to read them. We use our mobile ones personally. If you don't want to do that then I'd plan to reprint them once at the airport. There are lots of printers around the terminal area.

2. We do. They are more than similar to the curbside they are the same exact thing as curbside just at Disney instead.

5. LindseyJo22

LindseyJo22 DIS Veteran

Haven't used ME in years, but a friend asked me today about how long it takes to get to the Polynesian. Is like an hour, hour and a half an accurate estimate? I know that when I went to MCO recently it took me about 40 minutes from the Disney area, but I know ME can be kind of slow with multiple drop offs and loading and everything.

6. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Average travel time range from the terminal (gate area) to one's resort is 70-90 minutes.

7. eagle1992

eagle1992 Mouseketeer

Sorry if this has been asked before.

We have DME booked for our check-in and check-out dates...we are arriving around 10ish on a Friday night and may decide to just take an Uber/Lyft to get to our resort earlier.

Does that have any impact on my DME reservation for our check-out date back to MCO?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  8. Fangorn

Fangorn DIS Veteran

None at all.

Steve

9. Mikey15

Mikey15 Mouseketeer

Hi, we're doing a split onsite/offsite stay again. Last time we flew in, took DME to the resort, gave our return flight number for DME back to the airport (even though that wasn't the day we were flying out), picked up our rental car, and all went well.

This year, while we know we can absolutely do the same, with a 9:15pm flight, we know DME will want to pick us up 6:xx or so. If we wanted to do a full park day that day, what are people's experiences with using a flight number with a later departure so we could delay DME until 8:xx or 9:xx pm? What's the latest DME bus? Worst case it looks like an Uber to the airport is $35-$45, much cheaper than a one-way car rental, but I was just hoping we could push off to a later DME.

10. kaytieeldr

Do NOT do that. If your bus is running late, or has other stops, or you run into traffic... and you lie (which is what you are proposing), you will miss your plane and Disney will not be in any way responsible.

Go to the airport at your proper time, or arrange your own transportation, but please do NOT abuse the service.

Airport wants you there two hours prior to flight departure.

11. Mikey15

Mikey15 Mouseketeer

I said I'm just doing this to get to the airport for rental car for offsite stay. Not worried about missing my flight a week later :)

If I give them an 11pm flight number (that I'm not actually flying on), there could be an 8pm DME?

12. kaytieeldr

Just tell yhem what you want to do and when you want to be at the airport. Still no need to lie.

Mikey15 likes this.
  13. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Yeah, you can do that. But you can also just take Rideshare. It's inexpensive and easy and fast. You do it all on your own time

14. ZoeBell

ZoeBell Mouseketeer

Are the tags Disney send connected to a specific reservation? My return flight was changed so I updated DME. A few days later I received my first set of DME luggage tags with no info on the paper it came with it. Then a day later I received more tags with info on my flights, but the flight was my original return flight not the updated flight. So should I be using the 1st set sent to me?

Thanks!

PS... I just received my 3rd set.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  15. kaytieeldr

Use whichever tags have your correct arrival information.

16. PixieT78

PixieT78 Mouseketeer

DME and bag question. We are arriving around 5pm on a Saturday. We've arranged for DME and have received our baggage tags.

We're considering Ubering directly to MK in order to enjoy the fullest evening we can (assuming our flight it on time) on what will be our only MK day. However, we want to utilize the baggage pickup to have our bags go to our hotel.

Do we need to do anything at the airport for this to happen (like check in with DME) or are we good to just walk off the plane and into an Uber and our bags will still be picked up?

17. kaytieeldr

See the pinned thread that refers to this, something like DME don't want to ride the bus.

18. PixieT78

PixieT78 Mouseketeer

Whoops my bad. I just went with the first DME thread I saw and didn’t scroll more. Sorry!

19. stitchfan18

stitchfan18 DIS Veteran

We arrive at 8 PM into Orlando, and plan to use luggage service for checked bags and just pack PJ’s and needed toiletries for the night in our carry ons. Usually when we arrive this late we have our checked bags held until the morning, but we’re saying in a 2 bedroom this trip, so luggage delivery late at night won’t bother little ones sleeping. Is there a cut off time that the resort will deliver luggage coming from the airport? I’d imagine with the time change, there will at least be one of us up late, but I don’t want anyone to feel like they need to wait up for luggage delivery if it won’t be delivered until the morning.

20. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

If you arrive around 8pm, your bags should be there before midnight. You've said you're in a two bedroom this trip so I'm going to assume you're staying DVC, which means their luggage service runs 24/7, and is fairly fast. If you want it held until the next morning, just tell Bell Services when you arrive. And hang out the 'room occupied' sign.