Can't stay put!<br><font color=purple>I met lots o
- Jul 29, 2002
So, you have questions about DME and RAC? Check here first. If you don't find your answer, ask us.
Hopefully, if you have questions regarding Disney's Magical Express (DME), Resort Airline Check-in (RAC), or what a 'participating airline' is, you'll find your answer here.
So...let's get started with what, exactly, a 'Participating Airline' is.........
A participating airline is one that has allowed it's 'system' to connect with the resort's 'curbside service' (RAC) allowing the guest to check their bags, and get boarding passes, at their resort. Not all airlines allow this...you will find a listing of the airlines that are considered to be 'participating airlines' further down on this page.
"PARTICIPATING AIRLINE" ONLY REFERS TO THE RESORT AIRLINE CHECK IN DESK.
IT DOES NOT REFER TO GROUND TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE AIRPORT, OR INBOUND LUGGAGE TRANSFERS.
Okay....so exactly how does DME work, and who can use it???
Inbound to Walt Disney World:
- Anyone who flies into Orlando International Airport with a Disney resort reservation can take advantage of Disney's Magical Express ground transfers, along with luggage transfers, provided you have specifically made DME reservations prior to arriving at Orlando International Airport.
- You do NOT need to use the luggage tags to take advantage of the ground transportation. You are more than welcome to claim your luggage at baggage claim and bring it on the bus with you.
- You can still take advantage of luggage transfers without using the yellow tags. Just proceed directly to Welcome Center and give them your claim tickets. (Be advised, luggage transfers will take slightly more time than usual)
- You DO need to use the ground transportation to get your luggage transferred.
- You MUST have reservations prior to arriving at OIA.
- Anyone who flies out of Orlando International Airport with a Disney resort reservation can take advantage of Disney's Magical Express ground transportation.
- Only those flying participating airlines may check thier luggage & get boarding passes at the Resort Airline Check-in Desk. EVERYONE must be present (exceptions: Adults over 18 can check in for spouse & kids under the age of 18, but not in-laws, grandparents, brother/sister, etc).
- Bags may be checked the day of departure, up until no later than 3 hours prior to flight departure time. (Bag check process must be COMPLETE by the 3hr mark, regardless of what time the guest gets in line) Please note that this information is subject to change without notice. There have been times when the 3hr mark has been increased to 4hrs. Please check with your particular RAC desk for more details.
- Policy used to be that bags had to be checked no more than 12 hrs before flight departure...this seems to be no longer true.
- Desk is open from 5am-12pm, daily. This is a recent change from the previous closing time of 1pm
- **NOTE** jetBlue requires passengers travelling with lap babies to check in at the airport and not a remote site.
- Luggage MUST be under 50lbs. They do have a scale, and will weigh bags. They are UNABLE to check bags over 50lbs. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
- If your carrier charges for checked luggage or excess luggage, you can still utilize the RAC desk. Simply call BAGS (the company that operates the RAC desk) prior to checking in at the desk. You may pay your fee over the phone using your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card. (You can find the number for BAGS listed on your DME paperwork, or by dialing 0 from your resort telephone)
- There may be times where the TSA requires a guest to check in directly at the airport. The RAC desk has no control over this.
- All seats are pre-assigned by the airlines, and cannot be changed by the RAC desk. All seat changes must be done at the airport.
- Those who are not flying a Participating Airline may still recieve thier boarding passes at thier Lobby Concierge desk, so long as the airline has internet check in.
- Non-participating and international airline guests will have to bring thier bags onto the motorcoach, and check it at the airport itself.
- Current Resort Airline Check-In Participating Airlines (Domestic only):
* Airtran Airways
* Alaska Airlines
**Please be advised that all information is subject to change without notice.
Last edited by a moderator: