DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question:
This is from the Flex Pass Superthread on the main board --
DISguyDennis said:
My bf just called them to choose the option to extend our passes, and the rep told him they aren't doing that anymore. Is this happening to anyone else?
DISguyDennis said:
So I did speak with a different cast member this time, and she also said they've recently stopped doing the extension on the APs. She said once the parks reopens, we will have the chance to renew at the ticket booth and any grandfathered benefits will also be restored if you have them. I guess I gotta wait then 🤷🏽‍♂️

Has anyone else heard about this or experienced this? The answer from these two separate CMs is not consistent with what Disney has been telling APs during the closure.

Please clarify for me...All of the reservations people are referencing are hotel? The Disneyland reservation system is not yet in place?
PP is correct. Keep watching page one of this superthread. All the basic information you need to know is there. When the parks get a new reopening date, it will be posted there. When the reservation system goes live, the info will be posted there. All the latest updates are at the top of each post, with the newest date in red.
And it's good to see you back on this board! :)

From MP's DLR Update (9/21/20):
Pressure mounts on Newsom as local officials call on state to let theme parks reopen
It's been 6 months since Disneyland welcome the last guests through its turnstiles, and pressure is mounting as local officials and industry leaders call on California governor Gavin Newsom to issue reopening guidance for theme parks.

The Disneyland gates remain shuttered more than 6 months after the theme park closed due to the global pandemic. Photo by Todd Pickering.

Last week, the mayors of Anaheim, Buena Park and Garden Grove gave a joint press conference in Anaheim, detailing the financial impact the extended closures are having on their communities. The city of Anaheim says it is facing a $100 million budget deficit, in large part due to loss of tourism-related tax dollars.
In an interview with CBS Los Angeles last week, Anaheim city spokesman said “What we need is guidance and an economic recovery roadmap so we know we won’t go from coronavirus to a second Great Recession."
Todd Ament, president of the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce, says the impact on cities surrounding the Disneyland Resort is $1.3 billion.
The California Attractions and Parks Association has also called on Newsom to issue guidelines which would allow California theme parks and attractions to reopen.
Disney has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday, September 22, to provide an update on parks and resort operations around the world during the pandemic. The panel includes Disney executives from both Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resort, and ends with remarks from Disney Parks chairman Josh D'Amaro.
The Best Life & Beyond blog spotted D'Amaro walking through Disney California Adventure last week with Kris Theiler, vice president of Disneyland, and a number of sites have shared photos on social media showing Plexiglas barriers, social distancing signage and hand sanitizing stations visible inside the entrances of both theme parks. It seems clear Disneyland is preparing the parks to reopen just as soon as it gets the go-ahead from the state.

Hello. We have a reservation for the GCH Sept. 28th, and although I haven't received official word, I assume it is canceled. This was our third attempt at a trip, originally scheduled for March. I know that people have gotten different answers from different CM when they call, so I'm wondering if people have advice for rescheduling. Does anyone know how late they are currently booking? (We won't make it there before spring.) Any advice for extending discounts/room credits? Thank you.

Hello. We have a reservation for the GCH Sept. 28th, and although I haven't received official word, I assume it is canceled. This was our third attempt at a trip, originally scheduled for March. I know that people have gotten different answers from different CM when they call, so I'm wondering if people have advice for rescheduling. Does anyone know how late they are currently booking? (We won't make it there before spring.) Any advice for extending discounts/room credits? Thank you.
Ours was canceled on Friday for 9/24-28. Expect a call. Next available date is Oct 16.

I just modified our reservation again (5th time) and they told me they were only booking for this year, not for 2021 yet. The last time I moved into early October, I was only give the $50 a night room credit, not the discounted room rate. I didn't even bother asking today when I called about. Doesn't hurt to try though!

(First page updated with this information.)
Regarding the weirdness about monthly payment plan APs not being able to choose extensions or partial refunds over the phone:
From the Speculation Superthread:

So it sounds like maybe the difference in what CMs are saying might have to do with whether APs are paid in full or on the payment plan? So far we have two posts from APs on the payment plan who were told that Disney is no longer offering the choice of extension or partial refund until the parks have a new reopening date. And we have one poster who is paid in full who was offered that choice up front over the phone. Anyone else have something to report?

From the Flex Pass Superthread today:
I just got off the phone with DLR. First, I called the AP line listed on the website. I was told that, as of last week, the “system” that allows them to select that option had been “frozen”. She made a point to say that it doesn’t mean we can no longer select that option, just that we can’t do that at this time. I told her this is not what the website and the recording says, and asked if she could point me to where I can find this new policy. She said she is aware the website and recording are not accurate, and the monthly payment guest services handles these requests. She asked if I wanted their direct phone number to speak with them about it. I said yes.

Now for the good news, if you call their direct number, I believe you can still elect to have your due date extended. When the CM picked up the phone, I said I was on a monthly payment plan and asked if I could elect to have my due extended. She said she could take care of that for me and asked me to verify my address. The funny thing is, I had already requested an extension for our passes on June 24th. I remember calling to ask about the extension option, but not actually requesting it. They had my husband’s pass down for the extension option, but for some reason not myself or our daughter’s. So she fixed it so all 3 of our passes will be extended. She said our passes should reappear as soon as a reopening date is announced.

So try calling the monthly payments guest services line directly: 1-800-410-4656. Let me know how it works out!!

Keep watching the first page of this superthread. All the latest updates are posted there (date of the most recent update is in red). The first page is the quickest way to stay current with what's happening with DLR official news regarding the parks, on site hotels, APs/tickets, etc. When official DLR news gets announced, it gets posted on the first page.

Here is a thread started by attractions magazine who is there. It has started, and you can follow along:

Tweets in chronological order :)

Stay tuned to this thread as we live Tweet Disney’s 1 p.m. press conference. Disney leaders will provide an update on how they’re making magic while continuing to promote health and safety for their cast, guests and communities. The conference is by invite only. No recording.

The presentation is called “DISNEY PARKS Our Approach to Operating during a Pandemic”

They are talking about all the reopenings they’ve had and saying guests are happy to revisit and are happy with their safety measures.

Djuan Rivers, vice president of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, is now speaking about how much it took to shut down and reopen Walt Disney World.

Rivers is now talking about how they have updated their policies as needed, such as banning gaiter masks and making guests stay stationary while eating and drinking.

They are continuing to update their hours and openings for the WDW resorts.

Rivers is talking about how guests have to make reservations, and how this helps them keep crowds lower during holiday weekends.

Now Melissa Valiquette, vice president at Epcot is speaking about how guests are happy with Disney’s safety measures overall.

They won’t give attendance numbers, but they say they are still limiting the parks enough that guests can socially distance. Now they are playing video of some guests talking about how safe they feel and how the masks aren’t as bad as they thought.

Valiquette is now talking about their new character meets and holiday offerings.

Elizabeth Mullins, vice president of Walt Disney World Hotels & Resorts, is now speaking.

She says each park around the world is sharing what has worked well for them with the other parks.

Mullins is talking about how they are keeping cast members safe.

Mullins is speaking about the pixie dust face masks cast wear and how they are the third generation of masks cast have worn, as they continue to make them better.

She is now talking about the NBA Bubble.

Patrick Finnegan, vice president of Disney California Adventure Park & Downtown Disney District, is now speaking from Downtown Disney.

Finnegan is talking about the safety measures at Downtown Disney and how Orange County has moved up (better) the four-tier scale California has. They hope to be able to open the Disneyland parks soon.

Disneyland will also use the reservation system, some virtual queue and other safety measures when their parks reopen. Mobile ordering will be expanded to more places.

They are in the process of finalizing a plan for the Disneyland cast members to be able to get Covid-19 testing.

Finnegan says he walked the Marvel land construction area last week and guests will love it.

Now the last speaker, Josh D’Amaro, Disney Parks, Experiences & Products chairman.

D’Amaro is mostly reiterating what the other speakers have said.

D’Amaro is asking California government officials to let them reopen.

Disney Parks Chairman D’Amaro ended the press conference saying “It’s time” for Disneyland to reopen.

Tweets in chronological order :)

Stay tuned to this thread as we live Tweet Disney’s 1 p.m. press conference. Disney leaders will provide an update on how they’re making magic while continuing to promote health and safety for their cast, guests and communities. The conference is by invite only. No recording.

The presentation is called “DISNEY PARKS Our Approach to Operating during a Pandemic”

They are talking about all the reopenings they’ve had and saying guests are happy to revisit and are happy with their safety measures.

Djuan Rivers, vice president of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, is now speaking about how much it took to shut down and reopen Walt Disney World.

Rivers is now talking about how they have updated their policies as needed, such as banning gaiter masks and making guests stay stationary while eating and drinking.

They are continuing to update their hours and openings for the WDW resorts.

Rivers is talking about how guests have to make reservations, and how this helps them keep crowds lower during holiday weekends.

Now Melissa Valiquette, vice president at Epcot is speaking about how guests are happy with Disney’s safety measures overall.

They won’t give attendance numbers, but they say they are still limiting the parks enough that guests can socially distance. Now they are playing video of some guests talking about how safe they feel and how the masks aren’t as bad as they thought.

Valiquette is now talking about their new character meets and holiday offerings.

Elizabeth Mullins, vice president of Walt Disney World Hotels & Resorts, is now speaking.

She says each park around the world is sharing what has worked well for them with the other parks.

Mullins is talking about how they are keeping cast members safe.

Mullins is speaking about the pixie dust face masks cast wear and how they are the third generation of masks cast have worn, as they continue to make them better.

She is now talking about the NBA Bubble.

Patrick Finnegan, vice president of Disney California Adventure Park & Downtown Disney District, is now speaking from Downtown Disney.

Finnegan is talking about the safety measures at Downtown Disney and how Orange County has moved up (better) the four-tier scale California has. They hope to be able to open the Disneyland parks soon.

Disneyland will also use the reservation system, some virtual queue and other safety measures when their parks reopen. Mobile ordering will be expanded to more places.

They are in the process of finalizing a plan for the Disneyland cast members to be able to get Covid-19 testing.

Finnegan says he walked the Marvel land construction area last week and guests will love it.

Now the last speaker, Josh D’Amaro, Disney Parks, Experiences & Products chairman.

D’Amaro is mostly reiterating what the other speakers have said.

D’Amaro is asking California government officials to let them reopen.

Disney Parks Chairman D’Amaro ended the press conference saying “It’s time” for Disneyland to reopen.
Thank you for the play by play! That is helpful for those who weren't able to tune in live. :)

Someone in the Speculation Superthread mentioned a new on site discount offer that runs from 10/15/20 through 12/31/20. No details yet from that poster on what the new offer includes. Might be worth a call for those who had to cancel and lost the previous discount offer.

ETA (9/25/20): This is being referred to by CMs as a "broad discount," applies to PPH and GCH, and is supposed to be published on Monday, 9/28/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter