DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland reaches deal with employees on reopening process:

https://www.bizjournals.com/losange...nd-reaches-deal-with-employees-reopening.html
Takeaways:
-Disneyland cast members will receive two weeks sick pay if they have a confirmed case of Covid-19,
-Employees will be required to conduct an at-home Covid-19 assessment before going work and will be provided a thermometer.
-Workers who must work within six feet of Disneyland visitors will be provided a plastic face shield.
-Furloughed workers concerned about their safety can decline the first recall notice and continue to remain on furlough and receive benefits, according to the union agreement. Disneyland employees who decline a second recall must go on an approved leave of absence or face termination.
-The agreement also stipulates that full-time and part-time employees must be called back before Disneyland’s college employment program is reinstated.
Most of these are the same rules set forward for wdw. The only thing I’m seeing as new is the face shields.

I recently contact Disney for my DVC reservation and asked about rider swap and DAS since have my 1 yr old going and my mother-in-law who has MS and was told both will be available when the parks open.
Was this for WDW or DLR? Your posts on other boards made it sound like WDW?

It appears that APs without resort stays pull from a completely separate bucket than guests with resort reservations. Looking at the availability calendar there are days that are full for APs without resort days that are still available to book for resort guests.
AB17247B-A63F-424A-A2B4-5DA69FCCCB23.png
739EA7BE-03AB-4233-91CF-FF04355EF127.png

It appears that APs without resort stays pull from a completely separate bucket than guests with resort reservations. Looking at the availability calendar there are days that are full for APs without resort days that are still available to book for resort guests.
View attachment 504268
View attachment 504269
It will be interesting to see what DLR does when we finally get to see what our reservation system looks like and how it will work.

Update on projects:

“We have separate project teams working on these efforts, but we are still evaluating project timelines based on the extended closures we’ve experienced due to COVID-19. While several projects, like Avengers Campus—at both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland Paris—are able to surge forward based on where we were in development, there are others that will be picked back up in stages—like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and TRON—and some that are longer-term that we will need more time to assess. We are working with our operations partners now to determine timing for this project to get under way. For now, we know that both Magic Kingdom and Disneyland parks will re-open with the existing Splash Mountain attraction.”
https://d23.com/exclusive-walt-disn...ng-splash-mountain-for-tiana-and-her-friends/

I think this post is allowed, but we just cancelled our Disneyland tickets with Undercover Tourist. Refunded at 95% (the tickets were purchased as non-refundable.) The agent said to expect the refund in 6-8 weeks. But she said if we re-book the tickets within a year of receiving the refund, we would get that 5% back as a credit for new tickets. She was very nice and I thought this was a fair offer.
I really wanted to keep the tickets, but we had flights and hotel to consider for the trip and I can't just guess when Disneyland will reopen or when characters and parades will return.

Newsom just said they were supposed to release the theme park guidelines last week and they decided not to. Also mentioned that Disney made the decision not to open in July (not just on the 17th). There goes my hope for my July 27th plans. At least we are next on the list when they have guidance.....

Not exactly true, the full article makes it clear its Walt Disney World vacation packages booked through one travel agent called TUI.

Flights booked direct with airlines to LAX have NOT been cancelled. Some airlines are cancelling routes to Orlando due to travel agents cancelling vacation packages.

The UK and Ireland routes to Orlando are mainly vacation packages from travel agents.

The UK and Ireland routes to LAX are not as dependent on vacation packages and are very different situation

Last edited:
Update on projects:

“We have separate project teams working on these efforts, but we are still evaluating project timelines based on the extended closures we’ve experienced due to COVID-19. While several projects, like Avengers Campus—at both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland Paris—are able to surge forward based on where we were in development, there are others that will be picked back up in stages—like Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and TRON—and some that are longer-term that we will need more time to assess. We are working with our operations partners now to determine timing for this project to get under way. For now, we know that both Magic Kingdom and Disneyland parks will re-open with the existing Splash Mountain attraction.”
https://d23.com/exclusive-walt-disn...ng-splash-mountain-for-tiana-and-her-friends/

I just want Snow White’s Scary Adventures to open soon 🤪🤪🤪

Newsom just said they were supposed to release the theme park guidelines last week and they decided not to. Also mentioned that Disney made the decision not to open in July (not just on the 17th). There goes my hope for my July 27th plans. At least we are next on the list when they have guidance.....
Do you have a link for this specific info?

Reminder: Please post a link to news releases from the state of CA or from Gov. Newsom or from Disney. Not everyone following this thread lives in CA or even in the US, so having a link to news releases makes it much easier to find more information and/or the full article. Thank you!

Not exactly true, the full article makes it clear its Walt Disney World vacation packages booked through one travel agent called TUI.

Flights booked direct with airlines to LAX have NOT been cancelled. Some airlines are cancelling routes to Orlando due to travel agents cancelling vacation packages.

The UK and Ireland routes to Orlando are mainly vacation packages from travel agents.

The UK and Ireland routes to LAX are not as dependent on vacation packages and are very different situation
Thank you for this clarification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter