DLR Guests: Get Up & Go Power Walk

ValpoCory

DIS Veteran
Grand Adventures are available for guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels. Activities are free, unless otherwise noted. The schedule varies by day, but the activities can include:

Get Up & Go Power Walk - Walk while enjoying the sights and sounds of Disney California Adventure before opening.

Has anyone heard if they plan on

1) Continuing the GU&GPW after MM are started at DCA?
2) Changing the walk route to go through Cars Land?

I haven't heard anything, but as you are aware the current offering is at 7:30 AM with a 9:30 soft opening of DCA.

This summer, DCA will be opening to some guests every day at 7 AM. If the Power Walk is offered, it would have to be at 5:30 or 6:00 AM to allow for the park opening. -- Suzanne

Call me oblivious, but I didn't even know this perk existed for on-site guests. Sounds like a fun experience for an off-day or a partial-day that you'll have extra energy on. :thumbsup2

Call me oblivious, but I didn't even know this perk existed for on-site guests. Sounds like a fun experience for an off-day or a partial-day that you'll have extra energy on. :thumbsup2
Disney Parks Blog posted about the Power Walk in DCA on April 2:

"Every morning, DLR hotel guests can join a two-mile power walk through DCA before the park opens for guests."

Here's the link (there's also a short video):
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...y-with-a-power-walk-at-the-disneyland-resort/

:earsboy:

We really wanted to take advantage of this perk when we stayed at DLR last September, but we were running the DL marathon, so there was not time to enjoy that perk. I bet it is a lot of fun.

I haven't heard anything, but as you are aware the current offering is at 7:30 AM with a 9:30 soft opening of DCA.

This summer, DCA will be opening to some guests every day at 7 AM. If the Power Walk is offered, it would have to be at 5:30 or 6:00 AM to allow for the park opening. -- Suzanne

Yep, that's why I was asking. With the new hours for DCA, that has a definite impact on the Power Walk.

I am not going until January, which has later opening hours, so maybe they'll bring it back if they suspend it for the summer.

I just called the Grand Californian Hotel and spoke with a CM. She said that the GU&GPW is still happening at 7:30am, but they now meet under the Mickey hat at the Disneyland Hotel and walk through Downtown Disney. This is to not conflict with the APEE and EMH early admissions going on inside DCA park. She did leave open the possibility that the GU&GPW would be re-routed into DCA park during the off season.

So we'll see. A bit of a bummer though for people hoping to walk through a near deserted Cars Land at sunrise, at least for the time being. My family is going in January, so my fingers are crossed, but I will set my expectations accordingly.

Thanks for the update!

Walking through Downtown Disney is not enough of a motivation for me. So I have my fingers crossed for our October visit.

I am interested in the turn out for this when they just go through DTD. I can't imagine many folks participating.

It went from a must-do to a must-not-do by choosing not to go through the park.

Well, apparently turnout was so bad, they have already returned the GU&GPW to going through DCA park. I called the front desk today, and they confirmed. One thing that was slightly confusing is that they told me it was 7:30am every day, year round. As you know, through at least August 24th, DCA opens to the general public at 8am every day, and has EMH or APEE at 7am every day. So it's not clear how the power walkers avoid the crowds. Possibly, there is a slight chance the CM was mistaken, and it's actually at 6:30am?

Personally I'd never do the power walk at the expense of valuable early entry ride time. Luckily, we are going in January, when the parks traditionally open at 10am and 9am for Early Entry, so a 7:30am GU&GPW through DCA is perfect.

I am going next month and interested to know if anyone has done this recently and the information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter