DLP to paris

Sheree

DIS Veteran
I know the RER goes to the Arc de Triomphe metro station

there'll be 5 of us with luggage (suitcases, carry on, back packs etc)

Staying at Hilton Trocadero. Is there private transport I can arrange?

thanks

i contacted them
they told me no shuttles into Paris after July 1
the mayor only wants people to use public transport

hmmm, 5 people, lots of luggage, RER and walk!!

That is very strange, I cannot find anything about this online. (My knowledge of French is limited, I'll admit).

I would try another private transport company. Someone else recommended https://www.western-tours.com/
There are always people who cannot or do not want to use public transportation, I don't think it will ever work to force people to.

If true, I wonder if regular taxis / Uber / Lyft are allowed.

thank you, I'll reach out

this was my response from ezshutte:

I'm afraid we are not taking any bookings for Paris from the 1st June onwards. The Mayor of Paris has decided she doesn't want transfer companies going into Paris from the 1st June. She wants everyone to use public transport and for the moment doesn't consider transfer companies public transport.

I have googled the mayor and improving the air situation in Paris is big on her agenda. But by banning old cars from the city center, she has a project to encourage people to use bikes more. Still cannot find anything about forbidding people to go into the city by car.

As this is quite a controversial plan, if true then this would be published in the news in other European countries. I can't find anything in the Dutch or British news either.

Timing as per the 1st of June would be strange as well, as there is major work done on the RER from CDG to Gare du Nord in the months May and June. https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passengers/news/information-disruptions-access-airports

I wonder what Ezyshuttle is doing and why. What I would do if I were in the OP's shoes: I would email them back and ask if they have a link to a government website where this new rule is posted, because you need to know the details to prepare your trip. And in the meantime search for other shuttles who apparently still can go into the city center.

I am French and this is untrue. There is no such rule for Paris for this summer. I never heard it and don't see how it would be feasible. Some roads are closed on sundays, bank holidays and sometimes during the summer but that is it (look for "Paris Respire"). Chose a different company or just book a taxi, there are lots of them.

I have seen this on a few Disneyland paris groups I'm on via Facebook whereby some hire companies as mentioned in the below screenshot are now refusing bookings as what you've said in your original post
Screenshot_20220505-225348_Facebook.jpg

thank you everyone
I have booked anoher service. I travel in August. Fingers crossed
i just can't imagine the RER and the walk to the hotel with luggage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts