DLP at christmas

ukhannah

Earning My Ears
Hi - we're planning to go to DLP for Christmas this year and i was wondering what they do differently at Christmas compared to the rest of the year?

Also any tips on DLP with two toddlers!

Anyone stayed at the Disney Davy Crockett ranches?

Many thanks is advance from a very excited Mummy!

Hannahx

Hannah,

We have been to DLP at Christmas time a number fo times. In fact we are going again in the 1st week in December.

We have always enjoyed it and found that it marks the start of Christmas for us.

In previous years they have done a wonderful job in decorating the parks and hotels for the Christmas period. The parade also changes to a Christmas theme and several of the shows are changed to reflect the XMAS season.

One thing I will mention, it can be very very very cold (so cold that I don't mind admitting that I actually wore thermal underwear !!)

We were very lucky last time we went as it snowed, and the parks took on a very picture post card look. One night it snowed during the electric light parade, and words nor pictures cannot describe how magical it was.

Depending on when you visit the crowds are either very light or very heavy. As mentioned, we are going again in the begining of Decemeber mid week so the parks are quite, but we have been the weekend before xmas and it was very very busy.

Anyhow, enough of my ramblings - I hope you enjoy your trip !!!

Regards
Macca
:jester:

You get Belle's Christmas Village in Fantasyland which is great, and the huts in Disney Village which I will see for the first time this year as they started the day after we left last year.

The Christmas show in the Frontierland theatre is great too.

You get the characters dressed in winter clothes.

There is fake snow on main street 5 times a day.

There are Christmas decorations everywhere.

There os Christmas carols and Santa and his helper (chosen from the crowds) poutting the Main Street lights on every day which is really nice.

It's just got such a wondeful atmosphere at Christmas and I can't wait to go again later this year.

I'm going to be there from 12-25-27. Can anyone tell me how busy it will be?

Thanks,

SmilingMouse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter